Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Government/Diplomatic

Article about: This is my new Government officials buckle. It would be Government instead of Diplomatic Corp because the eagle is looking to it's left instead of it's right. You will find the same thing wi

Hello,

IMO it must be anodized .

Buckle in ice withe frozen silver and eagle in gild .......

Think the close up shows a anodized gild finish eagle , so it is a fine rare lovely buckle !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Government/Diplomatic
    P
    Many

I wonder who the maker is? I have seen that bubble type catch on a few other officer buckles, Heer and police
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I wonder who the maker is? I have seen that bubble type catch on a few other officer buckles, Heer and police
    Hello Ben,

i know the design too but have never seen with makermark .

Still unknown maker .........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Maybe one day mate
    Ben

?

A lousy photo a friend texted me (his first text ever). He got what looks like the same Diplomatic buckle and it was attached to about an inch of a brocade belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images Government/Diplomatic 

Very nice Diplomatic Buckle..

From what material is the buckle made from post 1?
    I don 't think it is diplomatic!!

?

I believe the buckle is brass over nickel. The back is worn down to a silver color on the catch and keeper. The buckle isn't magnetic. With the direction the Eagles head is facing I would call it a government officials buckle. I have seen an identical buckles with the Eagles head facing the other direction on a Diplomatic brocades.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Government/Diplomatic   Government/Diplomatic  

Government/Diplomatic   Government/Diplomatic  

Hello Kirby, I do not want to bother too much about uniform-regulations.

Did you and/or any of the others, specializing in buckles, ever think this buckle to be "Deutsche Luftfahrt"?
    At the moment of the use of the material for the shown buckle (post 1) there were NO diplomatic uniforms
    or state officials uniforms introduced at all. This started in about respectively 1938/1939 as when other
    materials were used for the making of buckles.
    Compare the stand of the head with the early patterns DLV and RLB enlisted ranks buckles? They also look
    to the left wing, isn't? Have a look on pages 126 and 127 from Angolia for officers versions.

In my opinion your buckle is as worn according the uniform-regulation "Bestimmungen über die Bekleidung
    der Deutschen Luftfahrt
    " from November 4, 1933, section motor-pilots. Page 11 describes a buckle with the
    eagle as for the NSDAP (Hoheitszeichen der NSDAP) within an oak-leaf wreath.
    For the Reichsminister der Luftfahrt und Staatssekretär der Luftfahrt the buckle was not silvered, but golden.

I have not ever found other ranks to wear the golden buckle, and for DLV only a silvered one was mentioned. The
    1939 version buckle for state officials did look to the right wing and is in fact a look-a-like for the DLV officers
    (except the stand of the head). I do have various color descriptions for diplomats and state-officials. The one shown
    in silver with golden eagle is a grade for state-officials (Schloss silberfarben in der Mitte ein goldener Adler umrahmt
    von einen silbernen Lorbeerkranz
    . Higher ranks was all golden). As such it is mentioned in "Schwert und Spaten""
    from May 1939. Also to be found in other sources.

?

I don't remember any threads about this being Aviation related but there aren't many threads on Diplomatic buckles. The buckle does look like the one on page 127 in Angolia's book but it also looks like the ones pictured on page 533 and 534. Here is a DLV/RLB and it has a gold look but I believe it was originally silver.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Government/Diplomatic   Government/Diplomatic  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast