Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe officers

Article about: My buddy Garry sent me some photos of his collection today. I found the Luftwaffe Generals very interesting. I thought the brocades were all the same except Goring's all gold brocade. It loo

?

My buddy Garry sent me some photos of his collection today. I found the Luftwaffe Generals very interesting. I thought the brocades were all the same except Goring's all gold brocade. It looks to me like the strips are a light gold instead of grey.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officers   Luftwaffe officers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officers
    P
    Many

Very nice Kirby, any chance of a close up of the Generals buckle front and rear?
    Ben

very nice.yes please more pics.

?

Not my brocade but here's some more photos of his brocades.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officers   Luftwaffe officers  

Luftwaffe officers   Luftwaffe officers  

Luftwaffe officers  

From a friend: "finger licking good"! Photo is taken years ago. Maybe he has more of them now......

Luftwaffe officers Luftwaffe officers

By the way: with post 1 I do see a golden oval with golden colored eagle.
    This is not according to the uniform-regulation. Here shown a part from 1937.
    I have not ever seen a regulation or manufacturer's cataloque, which says a
    golden eagle to be for general's! Just aluminum colored. Göring was the
    only exception, as far as researched!
    Observed LW general's buckles with golden eagle, were all faked or put together!

Luftwaffe officers

Luftwaffe officers Luftwaffe officers
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 01-03-2016 at 12:44 PM.

That is a very interesting info thanks Wim, I wonder why they made the gold coloured buckles then? BTW your friend has a cracking assortment of brocades, I would like to see more pics of the RLB if he ever got the chance
    Ben

The golden colored buckles were for general's, but with an aluminum or silver colored eagle attached
    (see part from regulation, as shown earlier)!
    I will ask my friend, if he allows me to post it.

Have you ever seen the blue brocade (3rd photo, third brocade from below). It is super rare!

?

Wow that is one great collection. Thanks for posting. I didn't know the blue one existed. This collection has it pretty well covered. There is a gold on gold HJ leaders. I saw it at the SOS 2 years ago. It sold at Herman Historical for around 17000 euros. The Goring brocade is in Angolia's book. There is also a prototype SS brocade with the prototype buckle.

I emailed my friend about the gold buckle. It might just be a first pattern Luftwaffe that has lost all of it's silver finish.

Quote by kirby View Post
    I emailed my friend about the gold buckle. It might just be a first pattern Luftwaffe that has lost all of it's silver finish.
    Normally this is not possible, surely not with the early material. Golden anodizing does
    not disappear, only when the material is inferior!

About the gold HJ, I know. When I collected I did own one. The SS prototype is from David Delich!
    Personally I doubt the one from Göring, actually is from Göring!

Never seen one in the flesh so to speak Wim, only in pics
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast