Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS brocade

Article about: Here is my Waffen SS brocade. The color of the backing makes me say it it Waffen SS. I had one with Police green wool backing. I wish I hadn't sold it. The brocade was fine but the backing w

?

Default SS brocade

Here is my Waffen SS brocade. The color of the backing makes me say it it Waffen SS. I had one with Police green wool backing. I wish I hadn't sold it. The brocade was fine but the backing was mothed. This one has some minor moth damage .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS brocade   SS brocade  

SS brocade   SS brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS brocade
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS brocade

Nice set Kirby and a first for me seeing garbadine backing rather than the green or black wool, what number is the buckle? Looks like a 36/39
    Ben

Hi Kirby,

My understanding is that your previous belt with green wool backing would have still been Waffen SS, Police service would have had black backing.

Regards, Grant.

I was always led to believe that the black was the SS and green for the police?
    Ben

?

Black was early SS and was worn with the black uniform. Green was used by the Waffen SS and Police but they were different shades of green. A super rare blue backed brocade was for Water Police. I have never seen a white backed SS brocade in hand but I saw one listed many years ago.

So you read the thread on the WAF also lol
    Ben

?

It is a 36/39. Not sure what WAF thread you mean. I read most of them.