Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officers Brocade

Article about: Hi' Guys, spotted this one today. The stamps are not the clearest on the back and the buckle has been knocked about a bit. Opinions would help a great deal, Good or Bad ?. Thanks in advance!

Default SS Officers Brocade

Hi' Guys, spotted this one today. The stamps are not the clearest on the back and the buckle has been knocked about a bit. Opinions would help a great deal, Good or Bad ?. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Brocade   SS Officers Brocade  

SS Officers Brocade   SS Officers Brocade  

SS Officers Brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Brocade
    P
    Many

Is the buckle a 36/40 dated buckle and is the brocade brown tinged or is that just the pictures?

Thanks
    Ben

Just had another look, it actually now looks like a 42 dated buckle, can you confirm this please?
    Ben

Hi' Ben, Buckle is marked 36 other number can't be read. The brown colour is just my phone. Can you comfirm that it is period?. Regards Paul

Paul

If the buckle is 42 dated I like it, if the felt on the brocade is black then I would say that is ok too, here is my brocade for example, its a shame the catch is damaged
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Brocade   SS Officers Brocade  

Ben

?

Wonderful Officer belts and buckles.
    Something I don't think I will ever chase out of the woodwork.

both v/nice items.

?

The buckle looks like a zinc 42. The backing on the brocade looks black. Both look good but shouldn't really be matched up. I believe Himmler banned the wearing of brocades till the end of the war. Not at home to look it up but I am sure the order was around 1940. Vet swapped lots of stuff. I once saw a SS Kepi with a police Shako eagle mounted on it.