Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!

Article about: So I bought this helmet maybe a year ago, I thought the decal was interesting that it was chopped off alittle low giving the eagle a bad hair cut, (or Feather cut?) LOL thought I'd share wit

Default Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!

So I bought this helmet maybe a year ago, I thought the decal was interesting that it was chopped off alittle low giving the eagle a bad hair cut, (or Feather cut?) LOL thought I'd share with you. The helmet is a NS62 M42.Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!
    P
    Many

Well I took the previous pictures and realized there is what looks like a bad spot on the left edge of the decal where you can see I guess is the silver backing?Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut!

Someone's scissor skills were off that day!!

( well they WERE an cutlery and electroplated home-wares firm before the war )
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer decal, Mr Adler got him a flat top hair cut! 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Oh, so we know the manufacturer of this decal?

Methner & Burger made ( I think )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Very odd. Looks like the left side of the eagle's wing is set much higher than the right. Somewhat distorted & does not appear to be due to poor application.
    Think it's a Pocher decal

Hi, certainly an odd one! The silver flash down the left hand side looks as though the decal folded over slightly on application. Certainly not one put on with any due care and attention. Leon.

It is a Pocher decal. Nice helmet.

Hello mates,

Do you have any links or theads suggested for me to start studying these decals better ? I see you are even capable of identifying the manufacturer, thats awesome ! ;D

MAP
    ?

Beside the standard reply (study the threads here). The best resource is Ken N's book - The Helmet Decals of the Wehrmacht.

http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/index

It will give you most of what you need to know. After that it comes down to lots of self study.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast