Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home-made Decal Prototypes

Article about: Hello, I have been trying to make a good quality decal for my restored ww2 German m40 helmet. I would like your opinions on what you think of my decals. I have been experimenting with the be

I wouldn't call it a decal - it's more like a sticker. Good
    enough though, for a restored/repro helmet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Home-made Decal Prototypes
    P
    Many

Hello Friends,

First, I strongly agree with all of your opinions on "fakers", in short they SUCK! But, could we be jumping to conclusions a little too soon
    in regards to ORM25s intentions?

Peace,

Mart

?

I credit all the members here for their unselfish wisdom and insight relating to the hobby.
    I am dismayed that some visitors here may be trying to glean information for personal agendas.. No offense..
    My best point is that "Try as they may" We have a host of Moderators and fellow collectors that will see thru the "Pavel's" and what not.. I also hope.. That future collectors will not be put off by the huge amount of fakers. Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Hello Friends,

First, I strongly agree with all of your opinions on "fakers", in short they SUCK! But, could we be jumping to conclusions a little too soon
    in regards to ORM25s intentions?

Peace,

Mart
    I agree as well.. We will just have to see what this particular topic shall produce.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

[sarcasm]can anybody point me to a good write up how fake camo helmets ? I need extra income to buy originals - thanks[/sarcasm]

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I agree as well.. We will just have to see what this particular topic shall produce.. G
    He's gone man.....He's gone.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for your reply,
    I have been looking around the internet and there are many mixed opinions on those water transfer decals.
    Some people say they break/tear too easily or that they're bad quality while others say that they are the best ones you can buy.
    Also the shipping costs for some of the decals were ridiculous, not $7 or $10 but around $30, $50, etc (at least that's what the shipping is to my country).
    I never intended to sell theses, even if I did, I doubt they would sell.
    I wanted to see what you people think of my home-made fakes, If they are as good as those $5 water transfer decals you can buy online, etc.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    It's nice to see the swastika whited out so we are not offended, even though it doesn't offend anyone here... apparently what does is someone making fakes, no matter how altruistic the intent is.

And true, there are plenty of fakes out there, "AT THE FRONT" sells a pair for $5 with these instructions (think about it, $5, why would you need to make your own?);

So it makes you wonder why?

Unless it's to be business enterprise, in which case (likely the case) it's in pretty poor taste to come on here and ask for advice.

But thx for whiting out that "offensive" Swastika, very thoughful.

Go on...... Show us your helmet.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

In Regards to Orm25 requests...which may or may not be of constructive intentions..the WRF and the hobby are based on Militaria History... research, study and collecting. Much has been presented authentic and repro..over the years on these threads and by many who have come and gone..and also have stayed.

The forums position here is to advance the hobby..which in all of the forums within this website..do just that 110%. The application of a fake decals has been discussed profusely over the years. There would be no need to discuss the aging process and applying fake decals on Authentic Helmets for ....

1. Any recent application added to a Period artifact..automatically detracts the value and creates doubt of the artifact once applied.
    2. The process of counterfeiting ( In this Realm and on this forum ) will not be supported.

The scammers read these threads also... and this forum is here to teach and protect new collectors as yourself from getting burned. My advice to you and also on behalf of the Administration here ...is to read through the may threads on the Helmet topic. Regardless of any genuine intent..The WRFs position on this request
    WILL NOT ALLOW THIS INFORMATION TO BE POSTED !

A studious eye will reveal more and free given information was earned through sweat and countless thousands of dollars in hard lessons learned.
    You are welcome to stay here Mr Orm. Enjoy your study...but the line to this sensitive information is drawn here . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

After doing some research, I have gotten a better example of a heer decal and I re-made it.
    This one I don't know if I'm right but I think this would be a fake of a Big Foot heer decal.
    I have temporarily applied it to my helmet using water.
    It does have a bit of a metallic glitter you just can't really see it on the picture (maybe if you look real close at the eagles feathers).
    Home-made Decal PrototypesHome-made Decal Prototypes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2