Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I know its bad, but....

Article about: Looked through pictures of bad decals and I'm sure this one is bad, but I couldn't find it. Can anybody shed some light on it? Thank you.

I misspoke. The paint is greener in person than it appears in the photos. It is an overpaint over the original green, but I see no Norwegian reissue greenish-tan paint.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I know its bad, but....
    P
    Many

1938 dated liner band. It is a good looking helmet if the bad "decals" weren't on it (unless somebody wants to tell me that some enterprising painter or artist drafted into the Wehrmacht had too much time on his hands)I know its bad, but....I know its bad, but....

MAP
    ?

Yeah. The Nat Shield is painted too.

It would have been nice if they left it alone. But you do have a one of a kind Heer decal
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would let the paint decals be! It was probably done a long time ago (They do have patina), maybe even by the Vet who brought the helmet home, so they belong somewhat to the helmet. Removing them would maybe cause damage, and i think this version with the painted decals (That arent done that bad) is better then a damaged helmet!

I appreciate the advice and I think you are right, so I will leave it as is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2