Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M16 decal

Article about: I know this is probably been covered (I didn't see it though).... Would a decal for a m16 helmet with a 'notch cut out' ..for lack of a better word..have the notch close to being around the

Default M16 decal

I know this is probably been covered (I didn't see it though).... Would a decal for a m16 helmet with a 'notch cut out' ..for lack of a better word..have the notch close to being around the large vent bolt ? I mean rather than centered directly under the vent bolt . I searched Google but couldn't find a original picture. Thanks. M16 decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 decal
    P
    Many

If this is a "decal" that you have seen on an M16 I would put the decal in the realm of a fantasy design. Never seen anything close in more than 50 years of collecting. Regarding the general question of notching a "decal" for an M16, with the exception of KM helmets the Germans did not use decals on their WWI helmets (there were some hand painted insignia used during WWI such as the Foot Guard shields) so no, they did not "notch" helmet insignia to fit around the vent lugs. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Beat me too it Jim, and said much better than I could.

Fantasy!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The notch you refer to is a cut out on a shield, it's designed to fit around the knights neck and side of face, it's nothing at all to do with helmet vents!...