Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need help identifying decal!

Article about: I found this relic while on a trip around St. Petersburg Russia a few weeks ago. I can see decals on what is left of the helmet which most likely was used during the Siege of Leningrad. Can

To far gone to be sure, maybe a gentle clean may reveal more, check restoration threads for tips and advice.
    regarding grave marking, there is always a possibility of shrapnel damage, again hard to confirm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying decal!
    P
    Many

Is there any german divisions that had the shield symbols with a lightning bolt through it? If so were they around Leningrad because that's where I found this.
    Last edited by Tomsterthe1; 12-14-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Most M40 SS helmets went to Russia. Your's is an M42 helmet. The Runic shield would have been on the opposite side of the remains of a possible Heer decal you have posted.

I'm not thinking of the SS runic shield a true this point I believe it is a sort of split in the shield symbol itself by the zigzag shape splitting it into two sides. The zig zag portion I see is in fact too small to be SS for sure. Have there been any symbols with this action through it?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Tomsterthe1 View Post
    I'm not thinking of the SS runic shield a true this point I believe it is a sort of split in the shield symbol itself by the zigzag shape splitting it into two sides. The zig zag portion I see is in fact too small to be SS for sure. Have there been any symbols with this action through it?
    No.

But the debate is simple. There are 3 potential shield types it could be, SS, Heer or KM (dismissing the national shield as the 4th option.

KM is extremely unlikely and we've established it is not SS. So that leaves Her as the only real option
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Need help identifying decal! this the little lightning bolt I can see. I guess it wasnt a shield after all! I know this was a Luftwaffe ground badge. Thank s for the help! I'm working to find more info and clean the helmet to clear It up and have a decisive answer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3