Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another HJ knife for inspection!

Article about: sebastiank. Hard to find a M7/13 with the motto, most are found without the motto ! Bad news is it has a Repro diamond insignia which looks glued into place, thats why it is not loose, This

sebastiank,can I ask why did you removed the grip from knife?
    I don't get it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another HJ knife for inspection!
    P
    Many

I would hate to think what that cordless drill is for >_<
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Seems like he has glued the diamond back in for selling on, the drill was used for drilling holes in the griplate to feed the wire through Larry by the looks of it, i,m not answering to anymore of his threads !!!

?

Guys chill out, imo the entire knife is a build up piece, and opening up will not harm at all!
    Scabbard Original? look at the strap button....not what a A.S. would look like.......
    Then the blade?
    Scott you already were a bit suspecious about having a motto and the late double ringed RZM mark from Schuttelhofer.
    I am too, totally not the transitional i know, Ade showed a correct piece here in the forum, and i atook a picture of this thread, this is how i know them.

Mac...it is a transistional, having the full name before the RZM logo, and surprisingly its etched!!...... ..so its not a big loss he opened it, probably been done before he did

Ger
    Another HJ knife for inspection!Another HJ knife for inspection!Attachment 1016601

All good points Ger ...including the grip diamond and new silver wire attachment.

The removal of plates is no different as opening up other daggers for study as long as it does not deface the value of the knife.
    This Knife was devalued of one of 2 key elements that attracts the HJ collector....which was the HJ emblem itself....the other is the blade and motto which there are no issues in this case.

I just wont have the same warm fuzzy feeling knowing that one of my SA daggers had its grip eagle recently replaced. One detail like that knocks off more than just value....it detracts its character and virginity.

Ger you a Purist as myself and many others here on this forum..and I have seen your front steps being a landing pad for some incredible and rare finds.
    I know you very well and would not settle for less..or your soul would be tortured.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2