Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond

Article about: A past period company still producing SA daggers today are genuine craftsmanship of the producer.. But worth nothing historically ! Modern day reproductions from period companies does not ho

A past period company still producing SA daggers today are genuine craftsmanship of the producer.. But worth nothing historically ! Modern day reproductions from period companies does not hold any weight in authenticity of a period example... If I understand this correctly you are trying to take what is made recently by the same producer and call it real? It would be in real time but after 1945 it did not make any difference at all to the discerning eye . Dead is dead and so is anything produced by any surviving company. It can not be put in the same category as Authentic. Try taking one of those modern day SA daggers and see if you can get more than $1000 for it. It is hollow and has no soul historically.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond
    P
    Many

My reply was to a thread on variations of the HJ knife diamond variations. The topic at first did not specify that these must be Nazi Deutschland era only.
    In other words, a painting by Monet is genuine even during all the artists "periods" and retains historical value.
    These daggers made by renowned craftsmen often use same tool and die patterns and pressing machines that made the original model patterns.
    Even same factory locations and workers retained.
    These are classics and become timeless.

Repros , pirate fakes, cheap rip-offs by unknown sources are invalid. But please don't let the "riff-raff" boggle your minds.

?

What if it was painted after Monet was dead?

Perhaps it would simplify things to refer to pieces as "Third Reich Era produced" and "Post Third Reich Era produced" rather than "real" and "fake"...?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Is it possible to clear this post up, ( including this one ) and remove all that is not related with TR Diamonds?
    It will add nothing that we know Monet is dead etc, athou the reply "an sich" is a good one....lets keep it to the point please.

Ger

Quote by Erno View Post

What if it was painted after Monet was dead?
    Thank-You Erno I get your "drift" in an offbeat abstract implied kind of way. This thinking process among members comes to an understanding of subject matter that will in time become respected by others around the world. No time soon.
    This time consuming gathering of intellectual material is very valuable.

Not easy or quick.

My example comparing Monet with C.J. Krebs is only figurative and not literally. Art and crafts are similar only in some ways but not all ways. Some craftsmen make very basic household items with little beauty but lots of function. Some people actually design these contemporary items and are very esteemed in their own circles. Others just see it ridiculous to display a pair of sheet metal shears in a glass case under spotlights and protected by 24hr a day security guards.
    Not to veer off topic but I cherish my WISS MetalMaster brand snips!

In other words, a Rolls Royce is quite a unique automobile whether Mr. Royce is alive or dead or a person named "Rolls" ever existed. It is produced with integrity from conception to current and commands a high price and always remains timeless and sought after.

Think of these knife designers and their factory as one incorporated effort that is not exactly human and can exceed more than several generations with excellence.

Yes, post war stuff is post war stuff but I am not tossing my Rolls because it is ten years old. If you get my "drift".

?

Collonel maybe we should change our Forum name into www.postwarrelics.eu and after that you can post all you have.

Larry please remove this reply, its does not destroy itself after reading.....unfortunate......

Ger

Im going to let this ride a little longer... in hopes it does return to the topic.

Well Colonel..I see the point you are trying to make...but realistically... it will not be the case to prove that your Postwar Authentic producer diamond...will fit well into an advanced collection..unless someone collects those type of knives. Every collector of this time period...would want all genuine..."Been there" artifacts...I know for myself..I would not want a recent wood grip even if it was from that specific maker...the Rolls Royce comment ..sure that makes sense...provided another Rolls part is put in it,..its still aRolls..true...but it was not a Rolls part produced in that period... I dont like Zinc based grip eagles being replaced into an early period dagger. The worse part of that is..deep down I will know it and i cant live with that fact of having 2 different periods put ino one dagger...but the idea of a post war produced part..put into a period artifact..still will not fly with HJ collectors. Its not going to happen.

Dressing up a dagger or sword with a knot or a set of hangers is the same theory...which technically ..it never belonged to the dagger or sword..but it is still period. What the collector does after that is their thoughts.

Your diamond can not be placed in the Diamond thread for that very reason as it was not period produced...the thread is mainly for period produced diamonds. I would be open to another thread..if you would like to start one on any remaining period producers..to this day that are making these knives..and if you get enough of them..I will pin it to the top of the HJ forum..for the collector to identify..the differences between period and post war same producer....that in itself could be critical knowledge to collectors today..as so much junk now is being reproduced. So if you can meet this challenge...I will hold to my word provided you can show other post war produced diamonds by current producers of that past time.

Show us current HJ knives by past producers..being produced today. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank-You Larry- A new thread targeted for subject matter that I have stepped into will prove to be enjoyable!
    The "Beaver" (expert) you have laid it down for all to see. That is all I needed.

With tha that this thread is closed ... Looking forward to these postwar producers and diamonds as those who enjoy the 57er awards.

Provide photos and documentation to support these later produced knives. Regards Larry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3