Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cleaning a HJ Knife - some help please?

Article about: Hi Guys, Wandering around the local market this morning I managed to pick up a Hitler Youth knife. The guy sold it to me for £50 (GBP) as it's in a bit of a shabby condition with broken tip

?

Just to add to what Larry said, I take an additional step regarding the runner...I store my daggers out of the scabbards to prevent runner wear. Before I did, I remember cringing every time it pulled the blade out and thinking about the damage I was doing. Just an idea I got from a fellow member or two here.
    Dean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cleaning a HJ Knife - some help please?
    P
    Many

Rockie Blunt (full name = Roscoe Crosby Blunt, Jr) was a US GI in WWII. He was a member of the 84th Infantry and a participant in some nasty battles in France, Belgium, Holland and across the countryside to Germany. He was a souvenir collector Big time and he brought back Many amazing treasures. He died at age 85 in 2011.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

he witnessed the crimes of the concentration camps and I think he must be a relative or family of Major Charles Snyder of Object moved, lol... thanks
    snydertresures.com

Nice salty looking HJ knife that frog belongs to a Austrian m-95 or a Czech VZ4 bayonet. timothy

He also wrote several books of his experiences which equated him with, basically, Rambo, Sargent York and Audie Murphy all wrapped up into one....Needless to say, his "accounts" have been slightly "questioned" by most Vets who had Been there too..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Larry C View Post
    All wet substances dry over time..and I would advise against using oils or grease. below is a photo and a reason why we see runner marks on our dagger and knife blades. One this drys over the years..it becomes encrusted..like a heavy grit sandpaper...all those in and out only worsens it. The problem is the blade can be wiped down..but the runner inside..can not. Below is a photo of an SA dagger runner after 70 years from the Vet or whoever decided that this is the best course of preservation. I know some will not agree with me..and thats fine...here is the photo an the link to the preservation thread. Regards Larry

SA / SS Runners preservation
    Thanks Larry - that's an interesting point, and one I hadn't considered before. I'll read through the thread you linked when I have time. I may do as another member suggested and display the knife unsheathed in my cabinet.

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice salty looking HJ knife that frog belongs to a Austrian m-95 or a Czech VZ4 bayonet. timothy
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was in fact looking at the frog earlier and noticed that something was out of place - the hand guard seemed to have either worn down one side of the frog, or it had been cut intentionally to provide a fit. I think your comment confirms it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2