Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Clear handled Dagger - Hitler Youth?

Article about: Hi, Looking for a bit of advice about a dagger we found recently amongst some family objects. Looks like a Hitler youth dagger in terms of layout and blade shape, but has a clear resin type

?

Default Clear handled Dagger - Hitler Youth?

Hi,
    Looking for a bit of advice about a dagger we found recently amongst some family objects.

Looks like a Hitler youth dagger in terms of layout and blade shape, but has a clear resin type handle and I can find nothing else like it online. Badge looks genuine and blade is engraved with the name of the manufacturer (Klitterman & Moog GMBH) and the RZM marking M7/29 -1939

Any suggestions?

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clear handled Dagger - Hitler Youth?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Clear handled Dagger - Hitler Youth?

Looks like a "theater" modification. Very cool item. Anyone in your family serve? Because, where there is one, there is more.

It looks to be a 'theatre made' knife, i.e. a knife that was made in the area of conflict but when they were behind enemy lines resting. They were quite often made by non combat troops for there own use or for swapping for other items. The handle is made from plexiglas which was probably salvaged from damaged aircraft. 'Theatre made' knives were commonly made by the Americans (especially with the plexiglas handle), although the British and other nations did make their own. From looking at the knife I would guess that this was an original HJ knife which a US serviceman has made a handle for.

?

Thanks guys.

My wife's grandfather served as part of the British army during WW2. We don't know a huge amount except that he was in the Artillery and was present at the liberation of Belsen. We're pretty sure it came from him.

Is this a collectible / desirable item?

Quote by jekyll View Post
    Thanks guys.

My wife's grandfather served as part of the British army during WW2. We don't know a huge amount except that he was in the Artillery and was present at the liberation of Belsen. We're pretty sure it came from him.

Is this a collectible / desirable item?
    It is pretty collectible, but because of no scabbard/mediocre condition, I would keep it in the family. People would buy this as a curio for their collection, but wouldn't give you alot.

?

Thank you again for you help on this.