Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Denazified HJ knife with motto

Article about: Hello, Here is a HJ knife i own. It was denazified. My question is, any HJ diamond insignia of the early period, size 2.35mm by 13mm, whatever the maker was, should be ok or i miss something

?

Default Denazified HJ knife with motto

Hello,

Here is a HJ knife i own. It was denazified. My question is, any HJ diamond insignia of the early period, size 2.35mm by 13mm, whatever the maker was, should be ok or i miss something ?
    Also the buffer pad is missing, is there replacement and is it easy to replace on the knife ?

NB : if anyone has an insignia, even with missing attach as the attach is still present on the knife, you are welcome to contact me.

Thank you in advance

Rgards
    Iapsi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denazified HJ knife with motto
    P
    Many

Wow,that's a very nice early one.
    The condition is perfect plus the maker is rare one .
    Any small early diamond will fit.
    I would try to find one cheap early knife with good diamond and and buffer .
    Congrats

?

Thank you for the feedback and your opinion about any early diamond ok.
    Why not waiting for a one in bad condition but with a good diamond and buffer.

Regards

I tried to say to find beat up early knife with good diamond,so you can put to this one

That is a very good condition early HJ, and if it had the diamond and leather buffer it would be close to perfect. The leather buffer is often missing with these early ones, you might be able to make one from leather and fit it. With a nice example like this it may be worth sourcing an authentic HJ diamond to re fit. It going to have to be glued, but it would lift the appearance of the knife, if done carefully.

?

I concur with Stingray & Anderson, pity such a lovely early knife was denazified !!

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    That is a very good condition early HJ, and if it had the diamond and leather buffer it would be close to perfect. The leather buffer is often missing with these early ones, you might be able to make one from leather and fit it. With a nice example like this it may be worth sourcing an authentic HJ diamond to re fit. It going to have to be glued, but it would lift the appearance of the knife, if done carefully.
    I would not having any problems to glue in a fitting diamond, this missing parts is doing it no favour
    Otherwise a lovely one!

Ger

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    I tried to say to find beat up early knife with good diamond,so you can put to this one
    Look here for diamond details....
    Hitler Youth Knife Diamond Variations From 1933-1942

Ger

?

Hello,

Thank you all. I already read the post above, thats where i found the schema with the size of early diamonds. Best would be to find a diamond without the attach, if not i think i will have to remove the original attach, what it is pity, and solder it rather than glue it to te original attach still present.

Regards
    Iapsi

?

Contact: DDsDaggers.com :: Buy, Sell, Trade & Consign Third Reich Nazi Edged Weapons German Daggers

He might be able to help with a small diamond, the smaller ones are harder to find imo.

let us know how you get on wit the restoring job.