MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DJ Dagger

Article about: Hi Opinion appreciated on this find....hopefully it is a DJ dagger ? Blade approx. 11.5cm long in nice condition with no inscription. Again not my main area of experience but trying to learn

Default DJ Dagger

Hi

Opinion appreciated on this find....hopefully it is a DJ dagger ? Blade approx. 11.5cm long in nice condition with no inscription.

Again not my main area of experience but trying to learn (fast) ....................

cheers

TonyDJ DaggerDJ DaggerDJ DaggerDJ DaggerDJ DaggerDJ DaggerDJ Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

Opinion appreciated on this find....hopefully it is a DJ dagger ? Blade approx. 11.5cm long in nice condition with no inscription.

Again not my main area of experience but trying to learn (fast) ....................

cheers

Tony
    Tony, Yes and no. The legitimate period DJ knives as seen from the bags and a very large amount of additional information are exactly the same as the HJ knives. No differences - zero. But that has had no impact on some dealers with sometimes grandiose and misleading statements that these small aluminum hilted knives are period with claims that depending on the variation they are: "BDM" knives, "DJ" knives, "late war" knives, and the latest postwar manufacturing batch being the "Olympic" knives - with some other bogus types/claims tossed into the mix. The pictures may not be in the following order but they show fresh/postwar drilling to install the emblem. What happens when the exposed emblems get snagged and pulled off (not unusual, some are glued/epoxied in place). One example with a fake added "RZM" to counter the fact that they were never period, or approved - etc.

Images posted: corroded aged "DJ" scabbard+knife fresh drilling, same corroded aged "DJ" scabbard with drilling photo at a different angle, "DJ" emblem gap to one side, a typical poorly made/workmanship "DJ-Olympic" knife, "DJ" showing an overall large air gap, DJ-BDM knife w-added fake RZM

The tip of the iceberg - I have more data and photos. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Dagger   DJ Dagger  

DJ Dagger   DJ Dagger  

DJ Dagger   DJ Dagger  

?

The answer is NO
    There is no DJ knife, that story is just a bunch of crap created by dealers to earn extra on a simple private purchased scouts knife.

Please read this post, hereby the Original HJ + DJ knife ad from Klaas....
    Klaas catalogue sheet of the HJ and Jungvolk Fahrtenmesser

Regards
    Ger
    DJ Dagger

Well done Ger. You are a myth-buster. First the DJ knife, then the "Salesman sample" letter opener.

Thanks guys, every days a learning day.

Your time to pass on information and expertise is appreciated,

regards

Tony

?

If you would like to see the Original Klaas catalogue for private purchase, here is the 1936 edition, and the knife shown as 215 is the little one as in your post, as you can see no mentioning about being a DJ knife.
    I guess its more then nice to have friends who have connections with Klaas
    case closed i guess.....

Regards
    Ger
    DJ DaggerDJ DaggerDJ Dagger
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-06-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Thank you Ger, I am so glad I posted before jumping in. cheers Tony

?

Quote by spandau View Post
    Thank you Ger, I am so glad I posted before jumping in. cheers Tony
    Your welcome

Ger

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Tony, Yes and no. The legitimate period DJ knives as seen from the bags and a very large amount of additional information are exactly the same as the HJ knives. No differences - zero. But that has had no impact on some dealers with sometimes grandiose and misleading statements that these small aluminum hilted knives are period with claims that depending on the variation they are: "BDM" knives, "DJ" knives, "late war" knives, and the latest postwar manufacturing batch being the "Olympic" knives - with some other bogus types/claims tossed into the mix. The pictures may not be in the following order but they show fresh/postwar drilling to install the emblem. What happens when the exposed emblems get snagged and pulled off (not unusual, some are glued/epoxied in place). One example with a fake added "RZM" to counter the fact that they were never period, or approved - etc.

Images posted: corroded aged "DJ" scabbard+knife fresh drilling, same corroded aged "DJ" scabbard with drilling photo at a different angle, "DJ" emblem gap to one side, a typical poorly made/workmanship "DJ-Olympic" knife, "DJ" showing an overall large air gap, DJ-BDM knife w-added fake RZM

The tip of the iceberg - I have more data and photos. Best Regards, Fred
    Thank you Fred !