Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen

Article about: HI GUYS I picked this early to day a hitler youth knife my questions is did they produce these with a painted HJ badge on them ? as this example has a painted example and appears to have alw

?

Default Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen

HI GUYS
    I picked this early to day a hitler youth knife my questions is did they produce these with a painted HJ badge on them ? as this example has a painted example and appears to have always been painted now flaked away .
    its quite a nice used example with fairly no wear to the blade ie sharperning to it . please take a look at the pics cheers steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen   Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen  

Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen   Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen  

Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen   Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen  

Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen  
    Last edited by ASR142; 01-03-2014 at 02:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early hitler youth dagger by gebr lutzen kirchen
    P
    Many

Hello Steve, Welcome to the Forum! It looks like this boy's dagger did, indeed, live the hard life. From the crack and the chips to the grip plate, the diamond, in my opinion, likely lost it's enameling and was Period hand painted to try to make it look presentable. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the remains of the red could even Be thin enamel that only resembles paint, but the diamond has obviously been there from day one.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-03-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

There are painted diamonds for sure, but unfortunate not on an early no ricasso thin blade with Motto, like this one your showing here.
    They appear on very late war examples, perhaps Mac will show you his example..

About this one:
    Its a rough and salty, but a Original one.

Like William said it had a bad life.
    Trowing it into trees etc. have made the enamel and the grip plates crack.
    The paint was later added to let it look like a HJ diamond again.

regards,
    Ger

?

What they said.

A rough but still nice dagger (IMO).

Very nice makers logo BTW.
    I like the knife-through-anvil for a knifemaker.
    Interesting to see, how this notion transcends borders; US makers have also used a variation of this.

I have one by the same maker. The insignia is conventional and done with enamels.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Steve,

Someone has jammed in a later period Zinc hj members badge into the diamond recess in the grip & maybe that cracked the griplate in the process as the Zinc diamond is too big , i,m pretty sure it should be the smaller type enameled diamond that was origional to this knife,

Shame really as its a pretty rare maker to find imo.

Regards Mac 66.

?

Hi Guys a big thank you for your coments and thanks to Wagriff for your kind welcome message regards steve

?

Darn Mac, thats exactly what they done, squeezed a late rzm one into the gripplate.
    I was counting the grip diamonds and couldnt figger out what was wrong, i noticed the diamond wasnt the small one it should have had.

Thx M8

Ger

?

[QUOTE=gerrit;1076047]There are painted diamonds for sure, but unfortunate not on an early no ricasso thin blade with Motto, like this one your showing here.
    They appear on very late war examples, perhaps Mac will show you his example..

Ger,

Zinc Painted Hj badges were never factory inset into the griplate on a later period Hj knife to my knowledge,

I guess you might have got mixed up m8 with the solid red enamel Hj insignia that we see sometimes factory fitted into Hj knifes from 1940-1942.

Mac 66.

?

is that solid red enamel mac?
    they sure look like painted ones, but if thats solid red enamel your right, then i mixed it up

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast