MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof

Article about: Different makers will always produce a product that is slightly different. IMO the knife shown are fine and correct to their marker.

Default Re: Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof

Different makers will always produce a product that is slightly different. IMO the knife shown are fine and correct to their marker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof
    P
    Many

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Different makers will always produce a product that is slightly different. IMO the knife shown are fine and correct to their marker.
    thanks. just looked at some early hj`s and they are just like gerrits. i hope i didnt offend him! back to the class-room for me.

Quote by oddball View Post
    thanks. just looked at some early hj`s and they are just like gerrits. i hope i didnt offend him! back to the class-room for me.
    I'm sure you didn't. Having and expressing your own opinion is how you learn. I don't feel you did anything wrong. Good look with your collecting!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I'm sure you didn't. Having and expressing your own opinion is how you learn. I don't feel you did anything wrong. Good look with your collecting!
    can you clear up the LS sheath stamp question for me please. my E&F Horster knife has the leaf stamp on the leather, does it mean anything? i`m confused by the other posts bringing translations into the equation. thanks

It could be the sheath is not original to the knife? I don't know if the knife marker made the sheath to go with it as well. If they did than more than likely the child lost his and found that one and used it as a replacement. That or either a collector has added it at some point.
    Btw the marking on the leather is the marker of the item.

?

Quote by oddball View Post
    can you clear up the LS sheath stamp question for me please. my E&F Horster knife has the leaf stamp on the leather, does it mean anything? i`m confused by the other posts bringing translations into the equation. thanks
    Np anyway Oddball

the stamps means that L S provided the leather straps to a lot of knife makers, seen it on different HJ's, and had a few of them

Mac is see what you mean, i have measured it up before i could believe it: 13.5x 23.6mm, i compared it with my other ones.....
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.

thanks gerrit- just viewed a site showing a henckels hj with the LFS leaf stamp. dont know why hj knives appeal to me so much. they just do!

Hi Gerrit, congrats on your HJ / Fahrtenmesser, I like seeing these rare makers on no ricasso blades. Great condition!! I have a question about the L and clover leaf stamping......I have seen these off and on also depending upon the maker...Is there a Registry of makers that we can add to this forum that would coincide with the HJ hanger? I feel this would be a useful tool to refer to when the question arises again. I am sure of this as the discussion leads me to beleive so as you guys know your stuff when it comes to these type hangers! If any one knows of such a registry post a link and alert me or Ade and we will make a "sticky" thread for it. This has been a great thread and very informative. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Gents thank you all for your input!
    @Oddball: i was never offended by your thoughts, if put in the right way one can learn........that makes this forum great!
    Its been a while that a thread caused this much traffic!

@Larry: i cant recall all the makers of the ones ive seen with the L.F.S mark, but Lots of them have them.
    So we have here in this thread:
    Ed. Wusthof
    WKC
    E & F Horster
    Henckels
    Carl Wusthof Gladiatorwerk
    Paul Selheimer
    C. D. Schaaff, Solingen
    Konejung

cheers Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 12-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.

?

And another L.F.S. scabbard on a Paul Selheimer
    Last edited by gerrit; 12-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast