MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Enough to make you weep!

Article about: Hi, the markings on the blade on the opposite side to the lozenge are schnel**tufel, underneath is soling*n germany. The lozenge/hj symbol appears to be made of some plastic type material wh

OKW
    ?

Default Re: Enough to make you weep!

Hi, the markings on the blade on the opposite side to the lozenge are schnel**tufel, underneath is soling*n germany. The lozenge/hj symbol appears to be made of some plastic type material which i assumed was what would be left if it had been subject to wet and sunlight over a period of time. Ade you have the eyes of a sh*te hawk. The swastika doesn't fit into the space it should occupy, it looks scratched on. What i can see is half a cross like the red cross with a line passing through it.
    As to my uncle he was navy on small boats, mtb's,though he did enough to be awarded the atlantic star, i have his medals and the paper work around somewhere. I would suspect that he obtained this item at the pub, ww2 stuff could be got for the price of a pint or two in the 50's and 60's. I did have a CCC which i foolishly sold about 5 years ago which came from his stuff after he died.

2. # ADS

?

Hi OKW , with those markings on the blade , Ade is correct and this is a post war item , well spotted Ade !

cheers Al

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply.

I really hate to let you down on this, but the knife is postwar. The "Solingen Germany" marking confirms this.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

It can go back to weeding then!

I think it should be honourably retired from service now. It is still interesting in it's own right.

Ok, it is not WW2, but everything still tells a story, in this case, how the knife makers of Solingen continued to make a living for many years out of these knives.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2