Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

a fake on ebay?

Article about: idk much about HJ knives but from what i've seen on the forum idk if i like this one. I could be wrong tho heres the link : Vintage WW2 German Hitler Youth Knife AND Scabbard | eBay

?

This one is really bad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a fake on ebay?
    P
    Many

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    We've been asked quite a few times not to start threads about junk on ebay!....
    In fairness to the O.P in the past the above request was made to those who knew the item they were posting was complete crap, and were only doing it for laughs. In this case it appears he genuinely didn't know whether the item was authentic or not and was only looking for some help. I see no fault in that.
    As for the dagger, it's obviously a post-war produced item. The "made in Germany" marking is always a dead giveaway, as well many other aspects. Crites, considering you didn't know this I'd suggest you stay far away from eBay at least until you gain some more knowledge and experience. eBay is a place filled with mainly fakes to fool the novice collector such as yourself. Good luck sir in your search for authentic items.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Oh my God !!!!
    A fake on ebay.
    Will wonders never cease.
    thats what i kept thinking when i saw my title :P

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This is a German Boy Scout "Fahrtenmesser" that has had the Fleur-de-lis removed and replaced with a HJ-diamond to deceive buyers who are not familiar with originals...This is the oldest trick in the book!
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn what is an original untouched one worth (just curious)

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    In fairness to the O.P in the past the above request was made to those who knew the item they were posting was complete crap, and were only doing it for laughs. In this case it appears he genuinely didn't know whether the item was authentic or not and was only looking for some help. I see no fault in that.
    As for the dagger, it's obviously a post-war produced item. The "made in Germany" marking is always a dead giveaway, as well many other aspects. Crites, considering you didn't know this I'd suggest you stay far away from eBay at least until you gain some more knowledge and experience. eBay is a place filled with mainly fakes to fool the novice collector such as yourself. Good luck sir in your search for authentic items.
    Yeah the only things i ever get off ebay is usually British and commonwealth stuff (since no one seems to fake it...much) as for the dagger it self i was just confirming my suspicions

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    Glenn what is an original untouched one worth (just curious)
    You could spend $300-$600, depending on condition and maker.

I have purchased some very nice, original items off Ebay
    and I still go there from time to time. There can be
    some good deals had if you know what you
    are buying.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    Yeah the only things i ever get off ebay is usually British and commonwealth stuff (since no one seems to fake it...much) as for the dagger it self i was just confirming my suspicions
    I look for U.S. uniform items. While most aren't faked, I find quite a bit are fudged with. I guess slapping a badge or a couple ribbons are worth up-charging an extra $50+.

It never ceases to amaze me what some unscrupulous dealers will fake or mess with.

[QUOTE=Walkwolf;1094771]You could spend $300-$600, depending on condition and maker.
    for an Hj knife or for the German Boy Scout "Fahrtenmesser" ?

Boy scout knife: $30-$60.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

And the information gained on the forum priceless .

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast