Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

fighting knife

Article about: hi guys I just received this ,probably private purchase fighting knife. I have never seen style like this one,pioneer hilt Is someone seen this before ? Thank you

Default fighting knife

hi guys
    I just received this ,probably private purchase fighting knife.
    I have never seen style like this one,pioneer hilt
    Is someone seen this before ?
    Thank you

fighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knifefighting knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fighting knife
    P
    Many

Interesting item but I have not ever seen before which is not too surprising for a new collector so do not take that with too much value.
    John

I will move this to the HJ forum fr further review since it near resembles an HJ Knife
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's an interesting bayonet style fighting knife. I do think the leather scabbard and hanger is not original to the dagger. It should have a more pointy tip scabbard and really should be steel. The leather buffer by the crossbar is redundant with an all leather scabbard. We can't tell from the photos of it has a mortice slot on the hilt. And is the press button a faux type? As you mention this type is unusual with a crossguard without the curved finger guard. Possible post WW2 manufacture I would think.