Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

German NSDSTB student youth knife

Article about: by Wagriff Why, I can't Imagine which dealer you're talking about, Fred.... *cough* *cough* *cough* In this particular case think of the opposite of the West Coast. *cough* Fred

Default Re: German NSDSTB student youth knife

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Why, I can't Imagine which dealer you're talking about, Fred.... *cough*
    *cough* *cough* In this particular case think of the opposite of the West Coast. *cough* Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German NSDSTB student youth knife
    P
    Many

?

I read to exist The student knife!
    May be the students made from the original HJ knife!!
    The Blade original, the crossguard original, the "scabbard"!

Whatever guys do or don’t want to believe is fine with me, but one of the problems convincing many collectors that the glued emblems are OK is with choices. That’s because the modern easily obtainable high strength adhesives had not yet been invented. So if an emblem was damaged, broken off etc., where would you go in 1937 in Germany to buy the glue you needed? With the absolute majority of the HJ knives that I have seen with glued in emblems using a black epoxy resin.

Which is what I think I am seeing here with the (regrettably) low resolution image from a German web site with a knife that is described as extremely rare along with other language trying to enhance its desirability. Having a group of like images with all sorts of glued in emblems, that show it much better as well as other evidence of fakery. FP
    Attached Images Attached Images German NSDSTB student youth knife 

?

The knife of the student exists in the book of Ralf Siegert .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German NSDSTB student youth knife   German NSDSTB student youth knife  

German NSDSTB student youth knife   German NSDSTB student youth knife  

A lot of wrong information exists in books. But try and find a period Third Reich photo of the knife and that insignia being worn or a period catalogue advertisement, and people might revise their opinions. Until then this is not evidence.

?

I understand the skepticism of colleagues. But in my collection for a long time there is a knife with the emblem of the student.The sign moves in different directions.The rivets never changed.And I had no doubt it the original.But forum forced me to doubt in my knife! And today I went to the hospital and together with the doctor made an x-ray of the knife..See for yourself.Maybe it's not proof!! But I hold it in my hands and in my collection! And the knife exists...German NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knifeGerman NSDSTB student youth knife
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German NSDSTB student youth knife   German NSDSTB student youth knife  

Last edited by ollar; 01-14-2019 at 02:51 PM.

?

Interesting ollar, can you show a photo of the obverse griplate showing the rivet ends please.

Thanks Mac 66

?

Yeah, sure! The rivets are a bit magnetic,but not sure how much.
    other rivets?
    But student rhombus on "mustache"...? For what? This is odd..

?

Griplates & rivets seem to be unmessed with, good to see the x ray with bent tangs which look correct so who knows what happened during the period ?

Well hats off for Ollar for getting the X ray picture, that certainly adds to the pool of knowledge. But I'm not so sure the rivets are not messed with. On the front the rivets have a patina indicating they have been there a long time and not new. But they appear to be steel, rather than solid nickle which is non-magnetic and used on the pre-ricasso knives.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast