Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Scout Dagger?

Article about: is this post war?

Default German Scout Dagger?

is this post war?
    German Scout Dagger?German Scout Dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Scout Dagger?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Scout Dagger?

Hi Greek!! Welcome to the forum,,this knife is postwar...as it resembles the HJ characteristics from that period,, but this style knife was and is,,, still mass produced today. The makers logo on the Ricasso shows a period maker "Kronenkrebs".who the maker is really known as Julius Carl Krebs established in 1866..which made HJ daggers. The original logo which is very hard and rare to find,,would be shown with out the modern English wording " Solingen Germany" All post war knives would exhibit the English wording. The Boy scout diamond looks to have been added on to the grip plates. This example is unfamiliar to me and some of our Resident HJ collectors could give more of a detailed assessment about the other characteristics of this knife. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello thanks for replying ...so this is 0 value item right?

Im sure it may be worth a few dollars but this knife is not period. If it were period and in the condition it is in including the rarity of the maker logo..I would put this at $200-300. Anything that has the words Solingen Germany will detract from the value. Take a look into our HJ forum ,which I will post the link shortly. The HJ dagger will have a single edge and not a double edge.

Heres the link: Hitler Jugend at War relics forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

yes the double edge got me confused that's why i upload it :P and thanks for the link very useful

Enjoy your stay here

i really do ...

I recall seeing these knives floating around in the 1960's. As the grip insignia was designed to fit the cutout for the HJ knife, I always considered these to be made at least partially from leftover war time stock.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

That would make one Badass BS knife.
    I have a similar one that is more of the HJ design(single edge) but has the BS emblem on the handle.
    Were their Boy Scouts in Germany during the TR?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

What is a BS emblem? as these are German boy scout knives with Fleur de lis.
    Edit bs = boy scout I am slow..
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast