Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good news or Bad news about HJ Dagger?

Article about: I've recently inherited a military collection and and trying to learn as much as possible about the items. It includes a HJ dagger that my father purchased in the early 1970s. He paid very l

?

Default Good news or Bad news about HJ Dagger?

I've recently inherited a military collection and and trying to learn as much as possible about the items. It includes a HJ dagger that my father purchased in the early 1970s. He paid very little for it as I recall. This may be a good thing, as I'm not sure that it is genuine. I believe that he later acknowledged that it was suspect. The dagger is high quality, nonetheless, but is unmarked; the leather sheath one had a metal tip but that is now missing. Is this post-war production? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good news or Bad news about HJ Dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good news or Bad news about HJ Dagger?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, your fears are well founded, both are post war production.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I concur with Ralph. The most striking error is the blade shape. The HJ knife has a flat surface with no ridge line such as yours.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Welcome to the forum Tom! This is the style of blade on a HJ knife.
    Were they really faking these in the early 1970's?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good news or Bad news about HJ Dagger?  

Quote by christek View Post
    Welcome to the forum Tom! This is the style of blade on a HJ knife.
    Were they really faking these in the early 1970's?
    Actually they were being sold in magazine ads in the late 1950's. They were made from surplus parts and the blades were stamped "made in Germany" due to import regulations.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for the information. It's good to know what can be weeded out from my collection. I'll post other items soon. Thanks again!

Tom

MAP
    ?

Although not great news its a great attitude. We would love to help out with the rest of your father's collection
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As late as the early 1970's, these were being sold.
    The type I remember seeing most often had a
    green Boy Scout logo in the diamond.........
    Regards,

Steve.

CBH
    ?

I believe the type with the fleurdelis were still being sold in the early 90's , many had a different blade profile with a swoop and a modified bowie clip point . The blade looked nothing like an original HJ .

MAP
    ?

I have one of these fleurdelis versions. Nice useful knife. I think my kids use it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast