Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

H.J. knife or rally token?

Article about: Hi guys, my uncle sent this home at the end of WWII. A standard H.J. knife and one I'm guessing is a rally token. Regards, Hal PS; Will be happy to answer questions.

Default Re: H.J. knife or rally token?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Now we're looking
    oh brandon your blog doesnt work

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement H.J. knife or rally token?
    P
    Many

Hal
    I think that the motto HJ is very nice, crisp and sharp.

I also think that the other one is a period one, although the Germans DID do these as tokens, personally I don't like them

Hal
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Hal
    I think that the motto HJ is very nice, crisp and sharp.

I also think that the other one is a period one, although the Germans DID do these as tokens, personally I don't like them
    HI John, Thanks for the reply. I have a pic to post,not that it means anything,but to show one of his bring back papers. I'm only showing these things for the benefit of the forum members.
    Thanks again, Hal PS; the knifes are just there to hide his name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture H.J. knife or rally token?  

Quote by wehrmachtsman View Post
    never seen a hj dagger whit ges.geschutz before
    Nothing wrong with that. Here is mine. Often seen on early pre RZM peices.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture H.J. knife or rally token?  

hi ade

nice one second time i see on on pic
    still learning

thanks for showing

i`ll post mine rzm one in a few min

here is my example

cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture H.J. knife or rally token?   H.J. knife or rally token?  

topcop711
    ?

Wittman has a true and correct HJ to compare to if interested. buddy

Had to think for a sec, but mine too has Ges Gesch........
    Maker; Paul Selheimer.

Sorry about the shaky photo...........

Regards,

Steve.

?

Well Gents here are my 2 cents:

Looking at the 2 knives:
    The early no ricaso thinblade by Wüsthof is a great example of the initial production, having the correct brown hanger, small diamond, etc.
    The one would fit in any collection, its a great conditioned knife, and of course its common on these early thinblade to bear the ges. geschutz stamp.

The other one is quite interesting, although none of you gents mentioned it.
    It has the rare early birds head hilt, in combination with a thinblade and an early brown leather strap hanger a most interesting piece.
    Whats speaks in favour for it is the fact that the swasitiks and the Sieg Heil are stamped, that needs way more work then a simple etch.

I would like to see the other side of that knife in detail, the rivets should be nickel silver and not aluminium, as they were until roughly said 1936. this is a pre 1936 knife.

Gents do not write it off that quickly, just because you didnt see it before, there's lots out there still to be discovered.

#####
    And mr J. Dubbel you do not know anything about these knives if you havent seen a ges. gesch. marked one before.
    Simple searching here on the forum would reveal at least 20 posted by me, way more by other collectors.
    If you cant add anything to a post other then nonsense then please gain knowledge before you post.
    Burning stuff is easy, and it will stick to the item a glue.

Then your saying you can find these for 60 euro on the internet, is comparing apple to grapes.
    You will not find a similar birshead early thinblade anywhere for 60 to 100 pound, rubbish!

About the bring back form, it doesnt say that much, as it only stated: knives…...could mean anything.

Im waiting for better pictures of the grip, both sides.
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2