Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?

Article about: Hi guys. I'm thinking of buying this hitler youth dagger. Whats your opponion, fake ? The scabbard is magnetic, the diamont is tight fit/not loose. Have anyone ever seen this type of scabbar

Default Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?

Hi guys. I'm thinking of buying this hitler youth dagger. Whats your opponion, fake ? The scabbard is magnetic, the diamont is tight fit/not loose. Have anyone ever seen this type of scabbard ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?   Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?  

Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?   Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?  

Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?   Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?  

Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?  Hitler jugend dagger, fake ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?

You will need a dagger guy for this but the scabbard is anodized and early if not mistaken and the diamond can float or not float if I remember correctly. Looks correct and early but dagger guys would know a bit better.

K

?

Solid Red daimond with no movement is worth a closer look as it could be glued into the griplate recess, take a look at this solid red which imo is a genuine period made daimond, watch out for repro solid reds. check out this thread on the WAF

HJ Knife solid red diamonds - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler jugend dagger, fake ?  

From what I have learned if the diamond does not float the dagger is probably fake, Glue bad float good, rolled lip on scabbard bad,clean cut across good.If this is a fake it looks pretty good.

Very good threat on WAF !

Quote by operaman View Post
    From what I have learned if the diamond does not float the dagger is probably fake, Glue bad float good, rolled lip on scabbard bad,clean cut across good.If this is a fake it looks pretty good.
    That is what ive heard.

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    operaman, If an hj daimond has no movement it does not mean its a FAKE, its just makes you look more closer to see if the daimond is glued into place & not a repro replacement daimond, i have owned over 100 hj knifes in my time & many of the daimonds did not move, float or wiggle but were correctly fitted into place at the factory during the period, Check out this link to Mr Harris talking about daimond fitment & solid red insignia

YouTube - HITLER YOUTH KNIFE DIAMOND charactoristics & repro rec. ww.ddsdaggers.com

What do you guys think of the scabbard ? (color)

?

Quote by hbhansen View Post
    What do you guys think of the scabbard ? (color)
    The Scabbard has been heavy Buffed up taking off all origional coating i.e "Bare Metal" imo.

I stand corrected,I was going from posts on this site that listed a diamond that did not have some movement should be suspect,I try to learn from the experts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast