Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?

Article about: I have a HJ knife from Puma. Had it for some years but fear that it is just a repro..hit me with your opinion please..

Default Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?

I have a HJ knife from Puma. Had it for some years but fear that it is just a repro..hit me with your opinion please..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?
    P
    Many

?

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...Can you provide pictures of your knife for review?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Here are the photos..

Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?Hitler Jugend knife. Fake or?
    Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hello and Welcome to the Forum...Can you provide pictures of your knife for review?

?

In my opinion you have an original puma HJ. The blade has been over polished based on what I can see of pictures. See what others think here but from what I can see it looks ok. Cross guard handle looks off to me or angled more than normal but could be my eyes. Here is a link to a post just yesterday from another Member with a Puma to look at. Allow some time for other Edged Weapon / Dress Dagger Folks to Weigh in as well. Gerrit, Larry C, Danny, Etc...will be along I am sure to give you an opinion as well.

Early Hitler Jugend Dagger by Puma

Being as this one isn't RZM marked, wouldn't it have had the motto on it? It's hard to tell from the dark photos, but I can't see any sign of one and the blade doesn't seem rough enough that it would be totally gone.... Perhaps heavy polishing could remove it?

?

Yes...Avenger...had thought about Motto as well. Are there traces of a motto etched in blade or were they hogged out ?

Hi, it kind of looks ok to me, no signs of the typical fakes, but I dont like the blade stamp of solingen, or the ges. gesch. looks deep enough to be complete, but the E is a F in solingen. It just looks sloppy. If it is repro, it was made to deceive. See what others have to say.

?

Kevin brings up the only real concern is blade and makers mark. Can you take some more shots of blade for us. I had a puma knife that had a total rework of blade a few years back that had a new puma head maker mark re applied over old one. Better pics of both sides of blade may help with more analysis.

?

Guys,

I,m not liking it

Why ?, for starters the diamond is a repro, check out that fingerguard

No RZM # , ricasso & MM do not look right !

Compare it to this one by Maxxx > Transitional HJ Knife Puma with Motto

?

Finger guard was something I notice as well. Puma's head now that I have time to look closer does look off but thought it could have been from the massive cleaning / polishing of blade. I was looking on my iphone but now that I am back in my office it does look concerning on the big screen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast