MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Jugend please about opinion

Article about: Hi I am new to the forum. I registered because I need the opinion of more experienced colleagues on the German daggers. I have the opportunity to buy a dagger from photos. The price has not

Default Hitler Jugend Leader please about opinion

Hi
    I am new to the forum. I registered because I need the opinion of more experienced colleagues on the German daggers. I have the opportunity to buy a dagger from photos. The price has not yet talked. I want to talk to you what do you think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugend please about opinion   Hitler Jugend please about opinion  

Hitler Jugend please about opinion   Hitler Jugend please about opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend please about opinion
    P
    Many

Hi Michal..welcome to the forum..and you are already off to a great start. . You have just made or saved quite a few thousand dollars,,,by bringing it to the attention of this forum. First of..these HJ Leader daggers..are highly faked..and this one being alot easier to spot. To purchase one of these..you must see what the price is..and if the price is not between $6000-7000. you best walk away.

In collecting anything in this hobby...and for the heavy amount of worth these exceptional and rare goodies..is that you want to study first..because you want a whole example...( all period fittings) This dagger IMO is from no period.

All it takes is one detail to ruin a persons day and the contents of their wallet. Although there are many issues I see with this HJ leader dagger..I will not number all that is wrong..because all you need to decide before spending 6K is to see one detail...making this dagger not whole which you will see more of in the next few images. Below is an image of an HJ Leader by GDC member JohnZ. The photos will do the rest. Regards Larry

Hitler Jugend please about opinion Hitler Jugend please about opinion

Hitler Jugend please about opinion Hitler Jugend please about opinion

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry
    Thank you very much for your reply. Just as I thought it was a copy. But I wanted to make sure because I've never held it in my hands. And it was hard to find the good photo to compare. Just like you wrote the differences are very many. I'm glad I found your forum. I will certainly looked here. I have a few daggers, I'll want to hear your opinion. I will do photos and put them on forum. Once again, thank you very much.

Michal

Hi Michal you are welcome..but mine is not the only knowledge,.. we have many Doctors here who are proficient in their specific area of collecting and would be equally qualified in providing an answer. Looking forward to your other postings. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

First of all look at athe dagger as it presents itself as to be new.
    In fact this was an easy one, totally no age/patina/wear and the bufferpad screamed "HE LOOK AT ME IM NEW"
    Very poor detailed one as Larry pointed out perfectly!!

Ger

?

Welcome to the WRF Michal86....Larry and Gerrit have it spot on. Font on blade is off, eagle is poorly replicated and the HJ logo on pommel is very poor. Thanks Larry for posting the John Z Piece.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com