?

Artificially aged reproduction.

Jim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hitler youth bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Mac 66. Does anyone have photos they can post of authentic example HL bayonets? It would be nice to see what a real one looks like.

?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Thanks Mac 66. Does anyone have photos they can post of authentic example HL bayonets? It would be nice to see what a real one looks like.

Real HJ bayos are like "Hens Teeth"

lots of Fakes out there so beware !

would like to see a photo of a genuine hj bayo myself .

Hi, I totaly agree with Ralph. The rivet ends have been drilled out and who ever did it took the drill bit too far and has countersunk the plastic grip. It is actually a Fire Service side arm and not a bayonet. With regard to the swastica on the blade, not something that I have ever seen before. Are there any other stampings, logos or trade marks etc?

Cheers Michael Ryan

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, I totaly agree with Ralph. The rivet ends have been drilled out and who ever did it took the drill bit too far and has countersunk the plastic grip. It is actually a Fire Service side arm and not a bayonet. With regard to the swastica on the blade, not something that I have ever seen before. Are there any other stampings, logos or trade marks etc?

Cheers Michael Ryan

I seem to remember the swastika in a wreath on repops being sold by IMA and Atlanta Cutlery.

Jim

?

Michael, the unique marking on the blade is really what drove me to post the bayonet (or sidearm... whatever we want to call this thing). I believe I read somewhere that the genuine HJ bayonets do not have a typical maker's mark. This is certainly not your typical makers mark so I was curious. I've requested more photos from the currently owner, and will post them once received.

?

Notice the brass grip pins. To my knowledge, the pins were never made of brass on faschinmessers or ks 98's.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hitler youth bayonet  

?

Jim, I assume the bayonet you posted is a repro example?

?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Jim, I assume the bayonet you posted is a repro example?
    Yes, although not the specific one I was looking for with the same makers mark.

Jim

Hi again dzyner, Some time back, as an exersise, I canabalised two bayonets which were wrecked for different reasons and drilled out the flat end of the rivets on one of them but without wrecking the slabs. By cutting the rivets in half and reversing the drilled end, I was able to glue the slabs back in place and the finish was pretty good. IMO, that is what has been done to this weapon but having used too large a drill bit, who ever carried out the work has spoiled the slab and created a very suspicious item. Having said all this, from what I can see, the orifice for the HJ diamond looks neat so, hay ho, it may be good but I have my doubts if I am honest.
    Cheers Michael

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast