Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler Youth Dagger SMF with Motto

Article about: Hello all, a early SMF, hilt, blade, scabbard are magnetic, diamond wiggles, does this look correct?, Was thinking of trading but want to be sure its good, and what the true value is.

I think the last time I bought one they were $125 for a decent one $225 for a gorgeous one. It's really hard to adjust to the prices these days. They're cool but it's still "only HJ stuff"... My best memory of one of these knives is cutting the scheiss out of one of my fingers by accident, they're very good steel and can easily take a razor edge. I like all my knives to have a razor edge...

Anyway, this is a totally sweet one. I'm glad it checked out

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Dagger SMF with Motto
    P
    Many

?

A big thanks to ALL of you for your time, my BAD, a friend stopped in few days back, checked out my HJ knives, own only 2, I was thinking of trading one towards his gun, but he wants the nice one .....anyway I have 2 SMFs, he put the wrong knife back into the wrong scabbard, the nice one does have the logo, the other SMF is sharpned heavily, blade is scratched up bad, not by me!!! The scabbard logo would make it worth a little more?, anyone have know how to remove scratches from a blade? I seen this video..remove scratches from knife blade - Bing videoHitler Youth Dagger SMF with MottoHitler Youth Dagger SMF with MottoHitler Youth Dagger SMF with Motto

?

zacker,

You have won a watch

check out the price on this early SMF with the logo on the scabbard

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=14208

Mac 66.

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    zacker,

You have won a watch

check out the price on this early SMF with the logo on the scabbard

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=14208

Mac 66.
    $900 WOW I'm rich, traded some rust WW2 Germen helmet for it some yrs back, think I'll keep it, unless do I hear 9,9,9,now 1000, 1,1, now 11, 11,11, sold! $1100 LOL

?

[QUOTE=zacker;1544986]$900 WOW I'm rich,

Yes but thats a dealer price, usually take of about 20% or more for a private sale, $750 is a fair price to pay imho.

Mac 66.

$750? Maybe for that bored HJ collector who's seriously jonesing... Didn't he say that the knife posted in the original post is not the one that went in the scabbard and the one that does is pretty rough? So, aren't we talking about a different knife now?

Pics were posted of the other, but pretty poor, too dark, knives more than halfway in the scabbards...

@ Zacker

Great video, the beginning is effin hilarious!!! That's how you put scratches on a knife, so pay attention to the whole video

Anyway, great info, BUT... you DON'T want to do this to your HJ knife.

Anytime you sand, you remove metal, you remove the aged finish on the steel, and you'll remove all the cross graining. You might just have to live with the damage, maybe it's old and part of the knife's history now. Anything you do to the knife now will just make it look like it was recently tampered with.

It's up to you, but as he says in the video, "keep sanding until the big scratches are gone", IMO the knife will probably look like pure poop after this and you'll just ruin whatever collectible is still there.

?

[QUOTE=Larboard;1545235]$750? Maybe for that bored HJ collector who's seriously jonesing... Didn't he say that the knife posted in the original post is not the one that went in the scabbard and the one that does is pretty rough? So, aren't we talking about a different knife now?

No the best condition knife goes with the SMF logo stamped scabbard !

So imo its worth $750 max to the hj knife collector.

Ok, I get it, the nicer knife goes in the SMF scabbard. It might well be worth that. At least, even if the price seems silly, it should be worth even more down the road, so as long as you don't lose money on it, then it's not so bad.

It's just the "price of admission" which is too steep for me now.

All the same, now I'm more actively looking for one before prices get even crazier. I usually have pretty good luck with this kind of stuff, maybe with a little patience I can find a decent one at a decent price.

Very nice to see a marked scabbard. Both it and the knife in good condition too! Congrats.

Steve

?

SMF is not a to common maker to find and one with a marked scabbard of course is even harder to find.
    Im not sure about what the scabbard dance did with this one....
    I always prefered the early thinblades over the later ricasso ones.

Regards,
    Ger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast