Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler youth knife...real or fake?

Article about: Hello! So I recently picked up this Hitler Youth knife today and it looks real to me, and I know it is a late war by the no slogan on the blade and lack of markings and diamond size. Also, t

Default Hitler youth knife...real or fake?

Hello! So I recently picked up this Hitler Youth knife today and it looks real to me, and I know it is a late war by the no slogan on the blade and lack of markings and diamond size. Also, the diamond has the bubble looking red area and the swastika looks right. However, I am not 100% sure until I run it through this forums professionals Thank you! And sorry for the blurry photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler youth knife...real or fake?   Hitler youth knife...real or fake?  

Hitler youth knife...real or fake?   Hitler youth knife...real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler youth knife...real or fake?
    P
    Many

No problems with this one. A solid Anton Wingen RZM piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes nice HJ knife good find

Hi Dty93..welcome to the forum...a table top tripod..which are very inexpensive near $10 ...the use of a cameras timer..and no direct flash will make for great photos. If you are using a cell phone camera..then it would be best to steady your hands..or elbows and rest them against the surface you are photographing ( table top etc.. ) The forum strives for clear and detailed photos. For most ... the ratio of finding the perfect photo, can be 10 -1. "taking 10 photos to find that perfect, > one!

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

original knife!Hitler youth knife...real or fake?

Thank you all for your posts! Glad to know it is real and Maxxx, I was wondering the same thing until I gave it alittle tap and a small bit of the "Glue/mud" came out and sure enough, it was mud haha

?

Quote by DeutscheTy93 View Post
    Thank you all for your posts! Glad to know it is real and Maxxx, I was wondering the same thing until I gave it alittle tap and a small bit of the "Glue/mud" came out and sure enough, it was mud haha
    no Glue is good

nice clean one.

Vielen dank! Ich habe eine frage. "I have a question", I have been reading about these knives and I heard the late war models are not magnetic and not really good quality. However, mine does not have the motto, it IS magnetic, and it is a nice and sturdy, thick bladed knife. Was it in the factory when they decided to stop putting the mottos on it and just used the remaining stock of steel handles before getting the non magnetic ones or was it normal for a few late war knives to be magnetic?

The diecast pot metal non-magnetic handles are mostly later, as you've figured. To my experience, it's normal to still see a few magnetics that were made towards the later times. Remember, there were over 150 different makers of these knives and you will, naturally, not see the exact same cookie-cutter sameness to each and every makers knives and materials. Supplies were always changing as were the manufacturing techniques.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast