MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert Klaas

Article about: The overall nickel plating to this knife is very good and rates at about 90%. The grip plates are the black checkered variety and in perfect condition. They are retained by aluminum rivets w

Default Hitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert Klaas

The overall nickel plating to this knife is very good and rates at about 90%. The grip plates are the black checkered variety and in perfect condition. They are retained by aluminum rivets with dressed heads on the obverse. The HJ insignia wiggles to the touch as it should and has perfect enameling to the red, white, gold and black swastika images. The scabbard is nice and straight but was mostly missing paint and had some rust. I had it professionally re-done and it looks awesome. The leather belt loop and retainer loop are still fairly good and very serviceable; the snap works on the retainer loop. Now to the best part; the blade is really an excellent one because the motto is not only etched into it but it also is deeply done, not lightly like most I've seen and owned and still has its mostly dark backgrounds. No nicks on the blade, just a few scratches and age stains; but overall quite bright. The HJ motto "Blut und Ehre!" really looks great with its dark backgrounds. The obverse ricasso is etched with the kissing cranes logo, below is the producer's location, "Robert Klaas Solingen". The reverse is an open RZM circle and the code , "M 7/37" and the production date of 1938. The original leather blade buffer is in place. Overall a great piece but the blade with that motto makes it!

Enjoy! MaxHitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert KlaasHitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert KlaasHitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert KlaasHitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert KlaasHitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert KlaasHitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert Klaas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert Klaas
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Knife w/motto [RZM 7/37 1938-by Robert Klaas

See my add in the classifieds for a great, named gravity knife!

?

Nice enough hj knife but i,m pretty sure the rivets have been replaced at some point as they should be solid nickle & not aluminium.

Maybe the knife was repaired or restored?

Regards Mac 66.

If it was repaired you can't tell, but it's the motto that makes it for me. Thanks for your observation.

Max

Hi again Mac,
    I did a quick read on HJ knives and both nickel and aluminum were used as rivets.

Thanks, Max

Nice org. Transitional Period (1936-38) dagger,
    the early daggers had no ricasso, and the late ones had no motto or marker

?

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    Hi again Mac,
    I did a quick read on HJ knives and both nickel and aluminum were used as rivets.

Thanks, Max

Max, steel rivets were also used but i,m pretty sure Robert Klaas used solid nickle rivets as they were a better quality maker of hj knifes in the early/Transitional period, maybe the used alu rivets on later RZM knifes?

take a look at the Trans Klaas hj knife on lakesidetrader site, solid nickle rivets

Regards Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 04-16-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks for your interest and opinions!

Max