Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion

Article about: This questionable dagger is being offered on Germania International site Third Reich; Hitler Youth but they are not claiming it is authentic as they are not sure themselves,,but read their b

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion
    P
    Many

Larry-
    If you think my comments are not of use on this thread, please delete this. About ten years ago, this dealer was offering a pair of SA collar tabs from Horst Wessel's unit in Berlin. They claimed they were found in the stock of an old theater in Prague along with others. As they were under $30.00, I bought them to study the construction. They were not well made copies. When they did not come back, they offeredme a dozen additional pair of the rarest of rare SA tabs, which were also fake. Since that time, I have always followed their goods and many fakes have good stories as to how they were found.
    As to this dagger, I agree with the statements of our colleagues who have already posted their thoughts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob your comments are always welcomed and warranted.....Destiny has been fulfilled and now this dagger resides with the rest of the Dim 4th Reich Artworks.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

best of worse LOL

already moved!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I counted the grip being HJ..or repro...the scabbard being Govt. Official..or repro.....The Chain being 1st Luft..... the chain clip coming from an NSKK chained dagger, and the swastika adorned onto the clip a recent put on..like the whole dagger is believed to be.

I would be interested to see if there is any period documentation hinting that an HJ leader was in the works...but as mentioned by all in above posts..what it narrows down to is workmanship and quality.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I counted the grip being HJ..or repro...the scabbard being Govt. Official..or repro.....The Chain being 1st Luft..... the chain clip coming from an NSKK chained dagger, and the swastika adorned onto the clip a recent put on..like the whole dagger is believed to be.

I would be interested to see if there is any period documentation hinting that an HJ leader was in the works...but as mentioned by all in above posts..what it narrows down to is workmanship and quality.
    I thought that maybe this very special "prototype" had taken advantage of some leftover "Krupp Dagger" parts. But no, I was wrong. The workmanship on the "Krupp Dagger" is better. Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2