Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Bowie Opinions

Article about: Hi guys. I am in discussion with a guy to possibly buy this knife. It's rough, but wondering everyones opinions on the authenticity and value. I can't seem to find one in a recent sales. I h

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Fred i had that Klaas catalogue in my hand some time ago, a friend of mine got it straight from the Klaas family, here a few shots.
    He also has the Original knife.
    Its a very little knife: total lenght 20.5cm, blade is 11.5cm.

The only accepted HJ Bowie knives are WKC made, and all have typical WKC parts ( look at the HJ sticky on top of this page)
    Here the cataloque and Klaas knife Fred refered to:
    Regards
    Ger
    Attachment 1084049Attachment 1084050Attachment 1084051Attachment 1084052
    Ger, I’m in 100% agreement and that’s the knife and an even better catalog listing than the one that I was thinking of. Sadly reporting that I’ve seen at least one early knife like yours that somebody ruined making it into a “DJ” knife. Which unfortunately as a trend seems to have prompted some advertising the “little aluminum hilted knife that refused to die” as last ditch and/or completely interchangeable with the (legitimate) HJ/DJ knives. Which makes me seriously question supposed credentials as TR experts - because what exactly are these kinds of statements based on??? With my compliments - Thanks Again for showing actual period evidence. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Bowie Opinions
    P
    Many

A few more pictures of what is and has been advertised and sold to collectors. From a different batch of the postwar “DJ-Olympic” knives (in no particular order) here is the not uncommon badly fitted set of grips with an even worse job inletting the “HJ” diamond. You would think that most guys (and that includes dealers) could easily spot fakes, but obviously that didn’t happen here because it was sold at a substantial price - which IMO just encourages the sellers and makers to keep on flooding the market with fakes. The other two photos taken at different angles show a well aged/corroded “BDM - DJ” knife with freshly drilled holes that I don’t think really needs a lot of explanation as to why it's a fake. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Bowie Opinions   HJ Bowie Opinions  

HJ Bowie Opinions  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2