Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ-Dagger

Article about: Hi, the guy who offers this answered my internet ad. He assumes that his dad got this from a Swedish Lieutenant who retired in the 1970's. This isn't my area of collecting so would be nice t

?

Default HJ-Dagger

Hi, the guy who offers this answered my internet ad. He assumes that his dad got this from a Swedish Lieutenant who retired in the 1970's. This isn't my area of collecting so would be nice to hear your opinions. Should the blade really look so fat?

And yes I need better pics, if this stands a chance I will ask for more, if thumbs down I will not waste no more time on this.

Cheers

HJ-DaggerHJ-DaggerHJ-Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ-Dagger
    P
    Many

Original Gustav C. Spitzer RZM late RZM DJ knife.
    Unfortunately these one is heavy cleaned.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Okay thanks, what would you say about it's value? He says no family member has touched it since he got it in the 70's.

Cheers Al

Blade tell opposite story.
    Unfortunately, i can not comment price of the dagger, I'm not reseller.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Of course not, I'm not looking for profit. Just so I know how much I would offer him. Thanks for your help!

Cheers Al

Yes definitely heavily cleaned blade, but not uncommon. Looks original and in fairly good nick.
    Any pictures of the scabbard? I wondered what the leather was like.
    Ask the seller what price he needs. If its been sharpened don't go mad on the price.
    matty

?

Hmm, i asked him for more pics. I offered him 56£ GBP if he stands for the traced shipping. Maybe too little but I do not really buy things that's been tampered with. Unless the price is right.

Cheers

?

sweguy,

looks like the seller used the flash when he took these pix, maybe thats how it looks cleaned?

i have seen a lot of Hjs polished up worse than this one, i would value this Hj at least £120 going by these pix, he,ll kick your butt for an offer of £56 shipped

Mac 66.

Sweguy, I really do think offering £56 is a mockery, especially with the postage in. I would be surprised if the seller even bothered to reply- I wouldn't.
    Realistically you've got to be nearer the £156 with postage in!
    A cleaned blade is hardly tampered with.

More serious than the blade simply being cleaned, is there a Sheath with this knife and how does it look? Impossible to valuate it without knowing this. But, so far, it does not look like a bad piece-it looks to be a fairly solid and decent late period knife. It was made in 1940 by C. Gustav Spitzer. It is actually Nice to see one with it's original black leather buffer pad.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."