Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hj dagger

Article about: I got this from a friend, he want's to know if it is real or fake? grts, wesley

?

Default hj dagger

I got this from a friend, he want's to know if it is real or fake?

grts, wesley

hj daggerhj daggerhj daggerhj daggerhj daggerhj daggerhj daggerhj daggerhj dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hj dagger
    P
    Many

Its a german dagger allright, Just post war though , Cheers Paul

?

thanks

The scabbard looks post war. Could the knife itself be original, but has had the diamond removed, chipped off tip, and has been well sharpened? I can't tell if there are any traces of a motto left on the blade, as it would have to have that if it were early enough to not have an RZM number. The metal does look like zinc though...

If it were third Reich period it would not have had "Germany" stamped on it. It probably had a scout movement Fleur dy lyes diamond originally ,cheers Paul

Ah, the old "Germany" gotcha. I had heard they continued to use this knife style after the war, but I wasn't aware they continued to have a diamond with an emblem. Good info.

MAP
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    If it were third Reich period it would not have had "Germany" stamped on it. It probably had a scout movement Fleur dy lyes diamond originally ,cheers Paul
    Looks just like my post war Scouts Fleur dy Lyes. Mine is in mint NIB condition but they look the same. Bought it to use but it was so mint I put it on display next to my two other HJ knives
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Also note that original HJ knives will have a little rivit at the throat of the scabbard, and will never be marked "Germany"

agreed its modern.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks just like my post war Scouts Fleur dy Lyes. Mine is in mint NIB condition but they look the same. Bought it to use but it was so mint I put it on display next to my two other HJ knives
    Post a picture of all three together here that would make a good comparison,cheers Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast