Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this HJ dagger a copy

Article about: Hi I am a new collecter of knives and I have bought a HJ dagger, I hope it is genuine. Is someone on WRF able to help. I hope the pictures are good enough for you to judge

?

Default Is this HJ dagger a copy

Hi

I am a new collecter of knives and I have bought a HJ dagger, I hope it is genuine.
    Is someone on WRF able to help.

I hope the pictures are good enough for you to judge
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this HJ dagger a copy  Is this HJ dagger a copy  Is this HJ dagger a copy  Is this HJ dagger a copy  Is this HJ dagger a copy  Is this HJ dagger a copy  Is this HJ dagger a copy 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this HJ dagger a copy
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this HJ dagger a copy

Im not too sure but i think the blade has been repolished and reshaped, theres a bit missing from the scabbard, there should be a press stud on leather that secures the hilt at the top, better photos would be nice, close ups of the HJ lozenge and full length close ups of the blade, both sides, and the handle

?

would be good to have a close up of the diamond, blade, and grips. Also would like to see the scabbard. but the scabbard looks okay from what I can tell. It looks like my Arthur Schutelhoffer HJ just without the motto. The blade does seem to have been polished and the scab is missing the secure strap like Dave said. The back of the crossgaurd looks a little weird to me. But again, we need better pics to be completely sure. If you look on the pic to the right where u can see the grip a little......you can see some smoothness to the grip closest to the crossgaurd. My m7/13 grips are fully checkered without gaps. i would say it might be alright tho if the price is cheap.

It has definitely been re-shaped and it looks rather short to me too.

?

Here is what the scabbard straps should look like from both sides. I cant tell from the photos, but maybe you can compare mine to yours. (this is from my m7/13). I have also added a pic of the grip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this HJ dagger a copy   Is this HJ dagger a copy  

Is this HJ dagger a copy  

?

Hi

Now i have some new pictures of my HJ dagger.
    Hope it will help to judge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this HJ dagger a copy   Is this HJ dagger a copy  

Is this HJ dagger a copy   Is this HJ dagger a copy  

Last edited by Centor; 03-18-2011 at 10:19 PM.

?

Now i have placed some better pictures on the thread.

Hope it will make it easier for you to judge my HJ

?

Centor, its a genuine hj knife late RZM type but the blade has been buffed up & also re-shaped due to heavy sharpening.

?

Yes , nice little knife, reshaped and repolished but genuine

?

thanks for the PM Centor. I agree with what has been said too. If the price is right, It would be a genuine example. Even polished, the fittings/metals are in better shape than my m7/13. You'll find that alot of these HJ knives are polished up. The only thing that would be a deciding factor to buy, is whether the re-shaped blade will personally bother you or not. Good Luck on your first HJ!

?

Hi

Thanks to all of you for helping me on my first HJ.