Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Dagger offered need original verification

Article about: by easterneagle I understand that better pieces are out there, but with original pieces getting fewer. Fortunately in the case of collecting the HJ knife at this time...there is an over abun

Default HJ Dagger offered need original verification

Am offered this HJ dagger by an associate. I know these are heavily repro'd. Your opinions as Good or bad. No diamond or scabbard.HJ Dagger offered need original verificationHJ Dagger offered need original verificationHJ Dagger offered need original verificationHJ Dagger offered need original verificationHJ Dagger offered need original verificationHJ Dagger offered need original verificationHJ Dagger offered need original verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Dagger offered need original verification
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Dagger offered need original verification

Looks good to me. Too bad about the diamond tho... Thats what really makes the dagger appealing

Hi easterneagle welcome to the forum. Your offered HJ dagger has seen better days,,and I would recommend saving for a complete example and at a resonable price. Try Lakesidetrader.com..a great gent by the name Paul Hogle is more than helpful in finding you a great example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yeah i would pass even at a steal the condition is horrible pieces like this will not really gain value as if you buy a mint one for 500 or 600 and hopefully if you have it for ten years when you sell you might get 800 for it look at it as an investment for down the road !

?

I'd have to agree with the above statements. The dagger is missing the one thing that really makes it collectible, the diamond. My dad bought me an early Hj knife a little over a year ago. It was a very confusing blade at first because it had the characteristics of an early blade but without the signature. It took me till a few months ago to realize that the signature had been ground off. I still appreciate the knife because my dad bought it for me, showing his support for what I do. But I wish I had passed and told him to save for something else. Unless the knife is dirt cheap I would pass.

I am offered it for a steal. Above $70 but less than $100. I understand that better pieces are out there, but with original pieces getting fewer I overall think it is a good buy. Can I obtain an original diamond, and yes that does make the dagger, from a good source? There have to be bad blades out there with good handles.

Quote by easterneagle View Post
    I am offered it for a steal. Above $70 but less than $100. I understand that better pieces are out there, but with original pieces getting fewer I overall think it is a good buy. Can I obtain an original diamond, and yes that does make the dagger, from a good source? There have to be bad blades out there with good handles.
    This may be true but, do you have the ability and knowledge to change a set of handle slabs?
    I make custom miniature knives and I would not be willing to attempt it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I hear ya Ralph, I wouldn't want to mess with those rivets at all....I could definitely see myself ruining it.

Like everyone said man, hold off. There is a diamond on the Estand right now, alone for 65 euro. With that and the price of yours....you could get a complete dagger and sheath for around the same price

The only way to secure a badge in that slot ( short of removing
    the grips ) would be to glue it in - which might be alright
    for some - but it will still be a 'messed with' knife.

Your decision.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi, Although this knife is a genuine M7/13 late production type imo honest opinion it is not worth it to restore it knife back to its former glory by adding/glueing a replacement diamond & finding another scabbard, Why?: costs to much in the end & it will be a messed with hj knife, save your cash for a nice complete unmessed with hj knife with motto.

Regards Mac 66.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast