Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Dagger - original or great fake?

Article about: It looks to be genuine, but it always bothers me to see no grip diamonds are cut when the HJ diamond was inset...

It looks to be genuine, but it always bothers me to see no grip diamonds are cut when the HJ diamond was inset...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Dagger - original or great fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Gerrit, good to see your thinking outside the box. Quite rightly you are correct, so I have taken some more pictures of my knife.
    On inspection the rivet head has clipped off? If you look at the close up picture carefully you will still see the outline of the stud.

Wagriff, I happen to think the same about the diamonds. However, I have found that eickhorn youth knives do follow the lines very closely. NOT perfectly if you look, but very closely. Admitedly, it does make original eickhorn youth knives very difficult to authenticate.

best matty

HJ Dagger - original or great fake?HJ Dagger - original or great fake?HJ Dagger - original or great fake?HJ Dagger - original or great fake?HJ Dagger - original or great fake?

?

Thx for the Pics Matty,

the rivet has been cut off, its still visisble now .

Wagriff i think its a typical feature that Eickhorn has on his late RZM grips.
    Its almost symytrical to the diamond.

Your totally right that this feature doesnt exist on the early small diamonds grips

Regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 12-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Matty's knife looks good to me with a well defined logo, and the head of the scabbard rivet appearing to have been ground off at some point - but otherwise OK. Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2