Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Article about: Hi Eddie, the one grip plate looks like it has a chip in it. Maybe the grip is good. I can not tell from the photos as like you said the grip looks shiny. My point is , like you said it woul

?

Default HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Hi guys, just got this one in the mail, but I think the diamond has been replaced with a fake diamond? Am I right? The dimensions seem wrong, and it doesn't look like it fits very well.

HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

That diamond looks bad to me as well. I'm sure the dagger collectors here will have more useful input on the knife itself, but to me the diamond looks like a modern fake.

No doubt about it. I have seen this done on a boy scout style to pass off as a TR.
    How about a pics of the rest of it please.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

The handle looks new and shiny too.
    Does not bode well.
    But we really need (sharp) pics of the whole knife and macros of the inlaid HJ insignia.

No Macros needed on the diamond IMO pure crap I can see from here that it does not float........ But I would like to see the rest of the dagger Eddie.

Eric

I think you are right, the diamond is a repro. Maybe the seller got a HJ knife that had been denazified, and replaced the diamond with one coming from a copy dagger. Seen this done before. The swastica is not completly straight in the diamond, and the arms of the swastica are not all the same thickness. The handle (or the dagger it self) it self could stand a chance. I see it has some chipping, so it is not made of the same cheap plastic as the copy ones.

?

HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Hi, sorry about the delay, here's some more photos. The knife itself is good, it's just the diamond. Nice early knife with an uncommon maker too, too bad.

I think that the seller sold it in good faith, I emailed with him a bit, and I think this is just not his area of collecting, so whoever he bought the dagger from probably did this to the dagger. Who knows though, I'm definitely going to get my money back! Sorry about the low-light photos, it's a bit late here.

I have never seen a guard like that one?
    HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Eric

Shame about the fake diamond. It is a good early knife which really needed restoring better.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Eric, it's just missing the leather buffer pad if I understand you correctly. I have another early one like this that's also missing it's buffer pad, no ricasso either. Ade, I agree, it's really pretty sad. It's so hard/nearly impossible to restore these correctly if they are missing the diamond, Lakesidetrader explained it to me, and how these installed the diamonds originally was really well done, and you practically have to take the entire thing apart to properly install a diamond. Not really worth it as I've come to discover. Thanks for all the replies guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast