Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Dagger RZM M7/66

Article about: Hello folks, This is my final upload of pictures from my recently acquired collection of Third Reich daggers. Sadly all have been proven to be replicas with the exception of the SA dagger. I

Default HJ Dagger RZM M7/66

Hello folks,

This is my final upload of pictures from my recently acquired collection of Third Reich daggers. Sadly all have been proven to be replicas with the exception of the SA dagger. I expect the Hitler Youth dagger featured, and its companions to also be replicas as they are just in too good condition to be over 65 years old.

I sincerely thank you all for your opinions and particularly the forum admin for allowing me to virtually hijack this section with repeated posts on similar subjects.

The elderly gentleman who kindly gave me these items did believe they were authentic. No money changed hands so he had no reason to deceive me as there was no monetary gain. He currently rests in a hospice in Stockport and it would be most inappropriate on my behalf to pester him as to where he acquired these items. The only clue I have is a sticker on a box containing a large alloy swastika eagle which he also gave to me. The sticker has a return address to a company called Worldwide Arms which is located in Staffordshire. I have had a look at their website and they do stock similar items so it is probable that this is the place where he procured the daggers featured.

[IMG]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z366/A3_Quattro/IMG_2527.jpg
    [/IMG]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Dagger RZM M7/66
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Dagger RZM M7/66

The diamonds are all wrong, the originals didn't have a lip on the scabbard throat, the motto, the maker marks, everything screams FAKE
    Sorry about that
    Have a look at this great site ! Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site
    Best regards
    Last edited by hbhansen; 10-25-2011 at 07:49 PM.

even i recognise a fake hj dagger sorry mate all those shown above are pure crap the diamonds are just bad as hbhansen says check out lakesider it has a guide on its site outlining what a good one should look like (its a brilliant reference)

tom

Thanks guys. Before I posted the pictures I was almost certain they were fake as they just seem too new, but hopefully other people will see them and know what to avoid when seeking to buy the real McCoy.

Yep, the guys are correct on that one I'm afraid

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks like they were made last tuesday.