Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hj dagger, too good to be true?

Article about: Unfortunately I wasn´t able to aquire it. It was an auction that ended while I was out of town for work, and I didn´t manage to place a bid thru my mobile phone as I had hoped. Something to

Default Re: Hj dagger, too good to be true?

Unfortunately I wasn´t able to aquire it. It was an auction that ended while I was out of town for work, and I didn´t manage to place a bid thru my mobile phone as I had hoped.

Something to regret for a while a suppose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hj dagger, too good to be true?
    P
    Many

Hi,
    Did you have a chance to check the hammer price? Since this was apparently an official auction I guess you can check the price list of the items on auction? It seems everybody agrees that this is a genuine HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto and RZM mark.
    IMHO this is either a fantastic repro knive or a period dagger which has never ever seen the light of day till recently. I have learnt however never to pass final judgement on militaria (especially edged weapons) unless I have held them in my hands.
    Finally: pricetag? HJ daggers with maker's mark and clean motto, in used condition easily fetch 175 Euro's. If this is genuine and in this factory fresh condition, I'd easily spend 250/300 Euro's on it.
    Cheers, Der Frewillige (final piece of advice: send these pics to Thoma Wittmann, and you'll have the expert's opnion and advice very quickly! I have had some very valuable experiences)

It went for about 330 EUR.

If this is the right stuff I guess that's a fair price (but I assume this is exempt auction taxes...)

Quote by 02tobbe View Post
    It went for about 330 EUR.
    a fair price? i think that was a bargin for hj in that condition it also looked very good!

Wow, I've never seen a hj in such good condition and if it went for that price someone got an unbelievably good deal. I saw one not quite as good as that priced at £1000. As the dealer said at the time "show me another one like this".

No, it wasnt that cheap, it went for more. I followed the auction on Tradera (swedish ebay). I went for 600€+

That sounds much better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2