Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Fuhrer Dolch: Real or fake?

Article about: Hello , i need help with this item , is it real or fake?Also what is an estimated value?Thank you!

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    For once, I'll agree on this forum being rude. I understand he has been here for two years and should know better, but you can tell from his posts that he was not the most active member (27 posts!) and probably didn't just snoop around on his own. So many other people ask the very same question, and nobody responds in the same manner as you guys have done here by calling them lazy or anything like that. Normally, I'd be with you guys on this matter but your responses here were not the most respectful. If he was lazy, then that would make me and a few others EXTREMELY lazy. Everyone starts somewhere, and jasp didn't seem as much of a die hard collector as others I have seen, so he probably was still in his early stages and had trouble with it. (Again, his forum posts show he wasn't that dedicated. Only 27 posts!). I very seldom say this, but shame on all of you..
    Hmm, so; "should know better" "not the most active" "wasn't that dedicated" (not really an enthusiast?) "only 27 posts" (in two years). Not much of an advocates case there!

You are entitled to your opinion and so are the rest of us serious collectors.

Most of us here are more than happy to help the novice collectors and do so frequently (have you not had help and advice? I know I have) but it is most tiresome when someone who has been a member for two years and has not grasped the basics of how a "forum" works or just can't be bothered to make even the basic entry level effort when actually asking for assistance.

I have lost count of the number of similar posters who have received the same wholly appropriate criticism for lack of motivation so I don't take your point about people asking the same level of question without being called out.

So, I would ask you to think very hard before attempting to aportion "shame" to those who give far more assistance to others than they receive in return and do it gladly for the benefit of all.

Jasper did not accept the advice (it was not really criticism, criticism is a lot harder) but he just threw his toys out of the pram and stomped off.

I very seldom say this but wind your neck in!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fuhrer Dolch: Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    For once, I'll agree on this forum being rude. I understand he has been here for two years and should know better, but you can tell from his posts that he was not the most active member (27 posts!) and probably didn't just snoop around on his own. So many other people ask the very same question, and nobody responds in the same manner as you guys have done here by calling them lazy or anything like that. Normally, I'd be with you guys on this matter but your responses here were not the most respectful. If he was lazy, then that would make me and a few others EXTREMELY lazy. Everyone starts somewhere, and jasp didn't seem as much of a die hard collector as others I have seen, so he probably was still in his early stages and had trouble with it. (Again, his forum posts show he wasn't that dedicated. Only 27 posts!). I very seldom say this, but shame on all of you..
    He may have been registered two years ago but, his first introductory post was two months ago.
    Since then, he has started 10 threads, (all titled "Real or fake?") and asked for a value.
    This shows no effort on his part to even learn what the items are called, or to search for any info.
    This does not garner a lot of respect, or support.
    Ralph.

P.S. ALL of his posts are on his own threads.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Rereading my case, and your response, I will agree my comment is pretty weak. I've been in a sore mood lately and it seems I decided to dump it here. I'll take the fault for that one!

- - ------- - -

Never saw many of his posts.. Whoops. This is my bad! Should've done my research. I apologize.

Jaspar4 .... if it’s difficult learning from studying the references that’s available ... ie: Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich by Tom Johnson....rather than make the mistake of buying a fake I suggest you start a less expensive hobby.

Real or Fake is saying the same as No frills ..with no idea of an item or its content.
    How far can Real or fake go when outside these Forum walls in the world of larger search engines will a person find the answers they are seeking?
    Terse ?..yes I am ...it gets a bit old after awhile and I did apologize for being brash. I could not sum it up any better than how Ralph has phrased it ...Thank You Ralph

@ Jasper ..once in a while we encounter real or fake thread titles ...it happens that way sometimes. The Mods will edit the title for correct topic.
    Having a landslide of Real or fake threads helps no one. History is our business and getting you and others the correct information that leads them here to this site is very important ..or I would not have to jump up and down crazy like this.

We are here to help EACH OTHER out ...and your help is greatly appreciated if you can title your threads such as ie: Hitler Youth leader dagger / ..or also for review. That little bit of text makes a world of difference for the forum and those googlers.

Valuations ..we dont do unless its under some critical circumstance.
    Asking Real or Fake and a Value is a different question. It leads the community to believe that there is no back ground to these edged weapons and your most likely looking to sell them. Again please consider comparing those knives by their titles with other dealer sites.

The prices fluctuate daily and upon condition and desirability. A little more detail in your post of how and where you came across the knives would help. Real or fake says nothing along with the lack lustre photos. The more that you can give to help the community the greater the response in receiving an exact detailed answer.

That HJ Leaders dagger has issues without those extra photos. We are a community of learning and what ever extra photos can be gained helps you and everyone else here including the forums library.
    You are welcome to stay and continue reading through and studying. Dont be a part of the ever failing removal of History ..be a part of the solution and contribute what ever you can. Its why you came here and surely ...not just to get a value

I said enough and I know this very last line will get alot of likes to get me to shut up
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2