Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife??

Article about: I got this knife today, looks like its hand made to me but im no expert, it has an HJ badge mounted on it, the question i have is it period and can anyone give me any info on it. Any help wo

Default HJ Knife??

I got this knife today, looks like its hand made to me but im no expert, it has an HJ badge mounted on it, the question i have is it period and can anyone give me any info on it.

HJ Knife??HJ Knife??HJ Knife??HJ Knife??HJ Knife??HJ Knife??HJ Knife??

Any help would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife??
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Knife??

I would say home made. I dont believe this was an issue HJ knife

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yeah that was my thoughts too, it was not too expensive thats why i bought it, but do you think its period?? and is the badge real??

?

Looks homemade, is certainly not a factory made HJ knive, but it has a genuine Diamond and its been there for ages.....
    No i will not ask you if it wiggles...

Now we have to date it:
    Fact is it has a concealed diamond, its not shown when the dagger is in the scabbard.
    So this person doesnt want you to know its there, that could point out that it was postwar.
    This kind of 4 rivets grip is a typical 50-60ths type.
    So i would date is postwar, that also explains the hidden Diamond.

Cheers Ger

Looks pretty much like a "Nazi Lover" had too much time on his hands and made this at home at his workbench. Probably couldn't afford a real HJ dagger, so he "made his own". Why he even wanted one so bad that he sat down and Made one, we'll never know. It isn't a "fake" so to speak, as there never was such a knife and collectors certainly wouldn't be fooled into paying big money for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the info guys, youve said pretty much what i was thinking, i dont dislike it, i find it an interesting item so i might keep it for a while.

@Gerrit, the diamond is in there pretty good, it does not wiggle, thats the first thing i tried LOL, it does come apart very easily too, it was very loosely put together when i got it so its easy enough to change it round so the diamond is at the front which i might do for my display.

?

Looks like a us fighting knife, it looks like it has a Kabar style blade

Nothing like a Ka-bar clip point blade, and it's a lot smaller.
    - If anything, it is reminiscent of a Finnish 'Puukko'.
    European made, 50's-60's era.........
    Regards,

Steve.