Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ knife

Article about: Hi guys! What is your opinion? Good condition transitional Eikhorn knife...

Question HJ knife

Hi guys!
    What is your opinion?
    Good condition transitional Eickhorn knife...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife
    P
    Many

Beautiful example Alex.

Hi Alex...I would lie to hear what Mac66 has to say...as the logo looks to have recently been punched into the blade... and its common to see a double digit number on the ricasso for Eickhorn....but these 2 digit numbers have also been seen on recent repros also..its why ...more thoughts would best be heard from the HJ collectors.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I like it
    I see no problem, just the blade looks to been buffed.
    The scabbard is typical Eickhorn

Regards

If anyone would like to make a comparison Wittmann Antiques has an identical example.

From what I can see it looks to me like just about everything has been heavily polished. Although not in hand I can't say that is what removed a portion of the nickel plating on the pommel if I'm correctly interpreting the images. Best Regards, Fred

?

Hi Alex,

Looks genuine enough 1940 produced Eickhorn hj, scabbard is correct Eickhorn type, but sadly the blade has been heavily buffed as mentioned by my friend Stingray.

Regards Mac 66.

Thank you gents!
    I think the blade is not cleaned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife   HJ knife  

?

My 2 cents:

as stated a nice Original Eick with the typical eick scabbard.
    The plating on these Zinq based hilts is thin and wears off easily, no need to be buffed to get these "thin"places on the hilt.

Im with Alex that the blade is not heavily buffed, these new pics show a decent blade with enough crossgrain left to state that heavily buffed is not the case.
    Its been just nicely and professionaly cleaned and i most say i like it.

For me a very collectible late type knife in very good condition, the blade reflects the almost mint state of the scabbards paint.
    To me this one fits, but pictures not Always tell the tale, as we see here with the first ones that Alex posted.

Once more you see that good pictures are needed to examen an item.
    Thats why i Always go the extra mile for decent pictures, even wait for the right clowdy day if needed.

Regards
    Ger

You are right about that cross grain, and the photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast