MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife with green diamond

Article about: Hi,i have posted this on another forum and most think its a post war put together as most parts are original but most have a problom with the hj dimond...so i will be selling this as a post

?

Default HJ knife with green diamond

Hi,i have posted this on another forum and most think its a post war put together as most parts are original but most have a problom with the hj dimond...so i will be selling this as a post war knife...still very good looking...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife with green diamond   HJ knife with green diamond  

HJ knife with green diamond  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife with green diamond
    P
    Many

?

Default re: HJ knife with green diamond

The hj pin was not inlayed on the grip it was just pined to the top so i took a peak at it and the hj dimond is maker marked..well the scabbard for sure is a 100% original the only thing realy in qustion is the blade and green dimond...just wanted everyone to know this is being sold as a post war knife.....thanks
    Last edited by pammy; 10-11-2010 at 03:42 PM.

?

ok,this knife is made up from parts.thanks
    Last edited by pammy; 10-11-2010 at 03:40 PM.

?

Ok,well here is the picture not the lnk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife with green diamond  

Any HJ diamond other than red is bad.

This and the other which sold are post war knives made up from old and new parts in the 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.

There was never a green HJ diamond .

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

hi ,thanks guys .!

?

first 1 i ever saw... whats next?

Hi Colt, you will even find these with blue or yellow backing too. Horrid!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Colt, you will even find these with blue or yellow backing too. Horrid!

Cheers, Ade.

Did someone mention blue?? The red (and other) colored emblems are still being made even as they have been for decades. Originally being one of the many items from the circa 1970’s ‘Golden Age’ of fakes/altered items. They, like other items created or modified for the ‘Collector Market’, are sometimes better made than others. Oftentimes being better fakes than their competition simply by using better quality legitimate period items as their basis prior to modification.

For myself. The blue (so called) “Marine HJ” emblem is the one that I have seem to seen most often in different shades of blue, as well as a solid blue. The attached image shows shows an emblem which has fake RZM markings on the back. Being from a fairly recent catalog of a supplier to would be fakers for well under $10.00.

PS: I believe that a part of the sales description of a knife that is posted above states that the emblem is pinned, and not glued into the grip plate. And that it therefore "wiggles" to the touch. Which (unfortunately for collectors) does not prove that it’s original. Because there are those who for a fee. Can and do expertly remove and replace the grip plates. FP
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ knife with green diamond