Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hj knife Hugo Rader

Article about: Hi all...i saw this Hj knife marcked Hugo rader(the first time i see this producer on hj blades). It seems a nice piece but i have some concerns on the ricasso...i would expect a no ricasso

Default Hj knife Hugo Rader

Hi all...i saw this Hj knife marcked Hugo rader(the first time i see this producer on hj blades). It seems a nice piece but i have some concerns on the ricasso...i would expect a no ricasso blade on this knife...what do you think about?? i also suspect that the scabbard has been repainted
    Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hj knife Hugo Rader   Hj knife Hugo Rader  

Hj knife Hugo Rader   Hj knife Hugo Rader  

Hj knife Hugo Rader  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hj knife Hugo Rader
    P
    Many

I'm with you Luca. I'd stay clear. I'd too expect low or no ricasso, that makers logo sets way high on the blade and looks modern imo. Also the scabbard throat width seems excessively wide in relation to the blade width. Perhaps a postwar remake put together, also I d be concerned about the HJ grip diamond looks odd.

Hj knife Hugo Rader

I'd expect an original mark to show some age or fading, I know brand new looking pieces could be period but this one has too many irregularities imo. I can't wait to hear a concensus. Best regards

Brian

The maker logo shown is from an SA, I too could not find an HJ example made by this firm

?

Luca,

I agree with Brians opinion, post war put together knife

Best Mac 66

Thanks a lot

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    I too could not find an HJ example made by this firm
    Because this producer was not contracted to produce HJ knives.

Produced : early SA and 1934 SAs converted to NSKK em

No RZM permit acquired

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

There is one huge red Glag on this one, and im not even talking about the maker didnt produced HJ knives.
    The crossgrain.....under the Motto you see lines along with the blade, and looking at the Logo sides they come in a 45 degrees sort of angle.
    That to me says it all.

Ger

Thanks a lot for confirming my doubts.is there a list of allowed producers ? Thanks again

Quote by lucabrnroma View Post
    Thanks a lot for confirming my doubts.is there a list of allowed producers ? Thanks again
    A perfect project for someone with time on their hands would be to create a list of HJ producers and then would be pinned to the top of this forum as a point of reference.
    This undertaking is not as large as it seems and would advance this forum greatly.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill