Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..

Article about: After a few strikes im starting to think what ever I got from this person must be a fake. So here is my next victim ..Thanks for your input and time .

Default HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..

After a few strikes im starting to think what ever I got from this person must be a fake. So here is my next victim ..Thanks for your input and time . HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Fake I believe, one thing is the sheath shouldn't have a lip on the opening, like this one does.
    Blade shape is also off, sorry.

Not surprised Chris , thanks for the input.

CBH
    ?

No problem, it's an easy tell for fake HJ knives, snap should also have design on face.
    Here is mine, for comparison, it has a rare motto, but it shows you overall shape etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..   HJ knife .Not getting hopes up..  

The checkered pattern on the grip should not be a perfect fit for the HJ insignia. Look at a few others, you will see what I mean.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm sorry to have to say that an acquaintance of mine who is a well respected high end gun collector picked up a clone of this example a while back in a trade (minus the aging faked or otherwise). A collector with at least 20 or more years in specializing in TR items, it fooled him because he lacked the experience with the faking of blades that has existed even before Atwood in the 1960's. Back then before the Internet, when collectors were at the mercy of some of the so-called "expert" authors/dealers who may or may not have had their own financial interests in mind when writing about and/or selling TR artifacts.

The game-changer of course being the Internet and high resolution imaging (much better than books IMO). And of course forums like this one . A place where all you have to do is ask for some input (preferably before money changes hands). Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    I'm sorry to have to say that an acquaintance of mine who is a well respected high end gun collector picked up a clone of this example a while back in a trade (minus the aging faked or otherwise). A collector with at least 20 or more years in specializing in TR items, it fooled him because he lacked the experience with the faking of blades that has existed even before Atwood in the 1960's. Back then before the Internet, when collectors were at the mercy of some of the so-called "expert" authors/dealers who may or may not have had their own financial interests in mind when writing about and/or selling TR artifacts.

The game-changer of course being the Internet and high resolution imaging (much better than books IMO). And of course forums like this one . A place where all you have to do is ask for some input (preferably before money changes hands). Best Regards, Fred
    Thanks Fred, I collect and bought some nice things in my life. Watches, car's , movie poster's etc. And would say am very good at it . This new hobby I picked up , is a whole different animal in my opinion . Not going to get me down as I learned a valuable lesson here, and hope to continue on it..

The "MZ" code instead of "M7" is a strange mistake the maker fell for, though perhaps deliberate so to make clear it was a reproduction. As always knowledge is power.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    The "MZ" code instead of "M7" is a strange mistake the maker fell for, though perhaps deliberate so to make clear it was a reproduction. As always knowledge is power.
    Or is it a scratch that makes it look like a "Z" instead of a "7"?

Koisokok: Do not despair...There is hardly anyone here that hasn't had a draw full of mistakes. You learn pretty quickly though after you've been burned a few times.

This is my hall of shame. Do the math...LoL...almost all of these are high ticket purchases!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Or is it a scratch that makes it look like a "Z" instead of a "7"?

Koisokok: Do not despair...There is hardly anyone here that hasn't had a draw full of mistakes. You learn pretty quickly though after you've been burned a few times.

This is my hall of shame. Do the math...LoL...almost all of these are high ticket purchases!

Thanks, you just saved me some $$$ on some more high blood pressure medicine !