MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?

Article about: Bought a knife from a forum member here. I received it today and have a question about it. Is it typical for the scabbard paint to exhibit some paint runs? Here are a few pictures, starting

Some guys can live with repainted scabbards.
    I do.........!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?   HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?  

HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?   HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?  

Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?
    P
    Many

If there were any question remaining about the scabbard being repainted, this will probably answer it. While not a great shot, I took a photo of the inside of the scabbard. You can see a line of black paint where they sprayed the throat and it went inside, or possibly even brushed down in, coating the cloth material that covers the runners.

?

Scott thanks for being that kind and spare me by not mentioning my name, but no need buddy, i sold you the knife.
    A lot of those scabbards had a period repaint, with a shine like this it for sure is an old paint as William pointed out.
    I most admit i didnt see that.
    To be honest with HJ knives i do not always look that closely as lots of them had a rough boyscout live and had a period repaint.

If your not happy with it then send it back, i can exchange it for the Klitterman or i will refund, its up to you.
    HJ Fahrtenmesser by Klittermann & Moog, transitional dual logo with Motto

Sorry that this scabbard paint slipped to my attention.

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Scott thanks for being that kind and spare me by not mentioning my name, but no need buddy, i sold you the knife.
    A lot of those scabbards had a period repaint, with a shine like this it for sure is an old paint as William pointed out.
    I most admit i didnt see that.
    To be honest with HJ knives i do not always look that closely as lots of them had a rough boyscout live and had a period repaint.

If your not happy with it then send it back, i can exchange it for the Klitterman or i will refund, its up to you.
    HJ Fahrtenmesser by Klittermann & Moog, transitional dual logo with Motto

Sorry that this scabbard paint slipped to my attention.

Ger
    You're a good man and a credit to yourself and this forum, a noble gesture indeed, well done Ger!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks like Ger is a man to deal with Scott. Hope it all works out.
    Steve

Bad days happen..from the time these were first produced until the present. There will always be oversights in description and in difference of opinion. Sh*t happens !! I have no doubts of the authenticity of the knife..as it was discussed at a prior time when Ger first acquired the knife..and nothing was commented upon it.

Strength comes through humbleness and admitting when a mistake has been made. Standing up and wanting to correct a wrong or an oversight is a man of Integrity. The forum is fortunate to have such people here. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Top shelf group here all around. Proud to just be a small part of it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

man can't be fairer than that,me I would not have worried about it.

Hi guys.

Ger, thanks for working with me. I'll take it offline with you from here, and we can figure out what to do. I didn't want to draw everyone into the specifics of the situation as I figured we'd connect about it and resolve it at some point, which is why I just focused on the scabbard runs and questionable details and didn't provide any info on the knife itself. I didn't want to cause you too much trouble while seeking advice. I was worried the runs might indicate some tampering with the scabbard and knew the group we have here would know how to tell that. Like I mentioned, the knife itself is really beautiful. My hangup comes from wanting something that is 100% original as well as in the condition this one is, which I suspect most folks around here relate to pretty well. So, I'll have some thinking to do.

Thanks folks for the comments and guidance, and for Ger for being such a gentleman about everything from the very beginning.

Since the cat's out of the bag now, this is the knife this has all been about:
    HJ Fahrtenmesser by WKC dual maker marked

?

Agreed with Scott about a discount/ partial refund for the paint runners on this scabbard.
    Paid it, matter closed.

Ger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast