Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?

Article about: Bought a knife from a forum member here. I received it today and have a question about it. Is it typical for the scabbard paint to exhibit some paint runs? Here are a few pictures, starting

Not often you see such "gentlemen" All credit to both of you. My own thoughts are that you are the one that has to be happy, no one else, some folks can live with a re-paint (if thats what it is) others get paranoid over the slightest blemish. The price is a fair one, especially having such a good deep etch AND on a 39.
    Well done guys, this is why I support THIS forum, and no other

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife - are paint runs on the scabbard normal?
    P
    Many

Thanks John, for your comments. Much appreciated.

I'm not quite happy about this deal though. Ger wrapped the knife in an excellent sock when he mailed it. I mean, I have blankets that are thinner than this sock. They must have some frigid winters over there in the Netherlands to need this much insulation. Makes my socks look like tissue paper. Anyway, he has yet to send the mate to this sock, and I'm starting to get worried that I'll have yet another loose sock in my drawer (which we all know drives the wife crazy), and winter is already in full bloom. I took some photos of this sock, so that everyone can appreciate what I'm talking about:

I'm not sure the green is original to the sock. It may have been a re-dying and I'm not sure if it's period done or not, but perhaps those with more knitting and textile experience can clear that up. But, the gray is gorgeous, with just a hint of white mixed in. It has a real deep seam too, which is quite uncommon for this type of sock. Notice the crisscross stitching, which is text book for this period, and not hardly a stain to be found. It has just enough wear to know it was there. A real looker.

Anyone have an idea of what this sock is worth without the other one?

It's the Second sock that costs you the Money...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

very nice to see a member (gerrit) being a stand up seller. That's why I love this place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3