Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions Please

Article about: I picked this up with good provenance, named to the soldiers family that brought it back along with a Fallschirmjäger knife in better condition. I could not afford both and I did not own a H

Default HJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions Please

I picked this up with good provenance, named to the soldiers family that brought it back along with a Fallschirmjäger knife in better condition. I could not afford both and I did not own a HJ knife. The paratroop knife was very nice and the guy sold it for $550. This one is pretty salty. My concerns are the uneven stamping of the Rzm code and the leather strap on the scabbard, looks new. The knife shows the wear marks from the strap but the strap does not show much wear. The knife likely suffers from poor storage in the scabbard.. Not very nice but I hope to make a HJ display and the HJ used the knives so I thought a worn one would fit better, but probably not this salty. Thought about concerns or other are appreciated.
    John

HJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions PleaseHJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions PleaseHJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions PleaseHJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions PleaseHJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions PleaseHJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions PleaseHJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife Rzm M7/13 for opinions Please
    P
    Many

It's all authentic and a fairly typical RZM only (post 1939) Schuttelhofer. The deeply struck RZM mark is usual, the blade as you point out is discoloured, suffered some corrosion, but retains good shape. The scabbard and leather hanger are also in good condition, and I think that's original black paint as well. Overall not too bad at all, we do see worse examples!

PS, this thread needs to be moved to Edged Weapons.

Thank you Anderson. I am going to keep for future display.
    John

MAP
    ?

I like it. Has a honest worn look to it. As you note..the HJ certainly used these
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi John..the knife would display well with a HJ Buckle ..an arm band and a proficiency badge. Just as a quick display.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi John,

Your RZM M7/13 hj knife is totally origional including the scabbard leather hanger & snap loop

a nice been there example imo.

Cheers Mac 66.